Issues with iTunes Conversion - tags/data

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wdp

Re: Issues with iTunes Conversion - tags/data

Post by wdp »

OK - thanks. I have spent the last few days scrubbing the iTunes Database. I cleared the MM database. I closed MM. Created a new XML file in iTunes. Closed it, Then opened both MM and itunes. Then in MM I went File > Add/Rescan . And was very careful in picking which folders to scan. I picked the itunes music folder, playlists and Album Artwork folder. Other folders such as Audiobooks, Downloads, Movies, Podcast, etc are not blacked out and not checked. See attached image. Then at the end I said yes to scanning iTunes data and browsed to the new xml file.

I am curious why I am still getting audiobooks scanned in that are not in the music folder. They are in the audiobooks folder. I can delete from library but it is annoying. My theory is the xml file is pointing the way to those items.

And some albums scan with all the tags. Many do not. I am curious why that is. My theory is that labeling from an xml file is problematic and that file may be corrupt. But I don't know. Look at the two attached screen prints. You can see in MM the album "Breakaway is missing data except for the last song. The last song is perfect.

However, look at the same album in iTunes (see attached) and all the data is there. But also note that some of the data did come over. All of the songs has the rating for example.

If you can shed some light I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I am going to correct manually one album at a time. BTW - the use of a compilation folder in iTunes was causing some issues. As part of scrubbing iTunes the check marks for "Songs are part of a compilation" is not used. The compilation folder in iTunes is empty. The organization for all music is now artist/album/track.

https://ibb.co/NFk8224
https://ibb.co/0tGWwtN
https://ibb.co/0Q9WCbX

Best,
Bill
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Data you see in iTunes are in Apple protected library that MM can't see and as you pointed exported XML maybe missing something, while tags in actual files are non existent due the fact iTunes do not save them :(

Not sure if you have tried to re export XML and manually search in it for the affected tracks?

Also if you want You can open support ticket and send us download links to XML and one of files that are never scanned correctly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
wdp

Post by wdp »

Peke wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:52 pm Data you see in iTunes are in Apple protected library that MM can't see and as you pointed exported XML maybe missing something, while tags in actual files are non existent due the fact iTunes do not save them :(

Not sure if you have tried to re export XML and manually search in it for the affected tracks?
I did try to look inside. Foolish me, I saw xml and thought "Oh Boy... exel". Duh. When I figured out how to look at the file, it didn't make any sense to me. I think you confirmed to me that everything to get a clean transfer has been done. Now time to get to fixing things.

I appreciate all the help.

Best,
wdp
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
XML is text file (readable) in special format that is readable by other apps.

You can load it into notepad and do simple search for words/path and see if they exist in XML and MMW do not pick them.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts