conversion bit rate when transferring files to IPOD classic

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cabinguy

conversion bit rate when transferring files to IPOD classic

Post by cabinguy »

Sorry if this has been answered I did some searching and couldn't find it.

I'm new to MM and almost all of my rather large music library is flac but I use a IPOD Classic in my car (don't ask). What I want to do is use MM to transfer files to the IPOD and auto convert them to MP3 at the highest bit rate possible or to a apple lossless format. The default seems to convert them to no higher than 128 kbs. I tried changing the auto conversion setting in the device configuration menu but that didn't seem to help.

Any advice would be appreciated as this is really the only reason I bought MM.
Peke

Re: conversion bit rate when transferring files to IPOD classic

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I would like to suggest that you upgrade to MM5 (If Help -> About MediaMonkey states 4.x license, please open support ticket with purchase details as if you bought recently you are entitled for free MM5 license) that you can download from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d as we have improved sync settings and user can easier access device profile Auto conversions, so that you can modify it according to your needs.

Let me know the result and anything further you need to make this as easy and seamless as possible.

Unless you completely do a new sync MM Will not convert already existing files on device eg. you must first delete tracks from device and resync.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts