Help is full of MM5 items

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kupuna

Help is full of MM5 items

Post by Kupuna »

MM5 is all over the help system. Is anything downloadable? Is release imminent? There are forums for developers. Is that it for now?
Lowlander

Re: Help is full of MM5 items

Post by Lowlander »

Yes: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

And they're close to a release.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, MM5 release is just around the corner and you can download Release candidates from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

Reason why it is all over the corner is that many of our users switched to it as daily use, even we are not yet fully satisfied and want to improve few more things before official release.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kupuna

Post by Kupuna »

If it is frowned on to tack this on to the original, tell me and I'll re-post.
All my music has been manually copied to a new drive. I understand that I need to update the new drive location of the files in the MM database, but my attempts to use the MM4 addon to change the drive ID have failed. All I want is a new clean database that will read the music directory in my D: drive. I don't want it to search anywhere else.
Should I completely delete the old database(C:\ etc.) from my system and reinstall MM4 and have it build a new database pointing to D:\ ? Is there some other way to accomplish this? Should I load MM5, will it do this more easily?
The current database has been badly maintained, so I am willing pay the price of a lot of work on a "clean" installation.
Thanks for helping with this mess.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MediaMonkey has a build in method: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sign_Drive