Credential problem Win10 MM4

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Greenmachine881

Credential problem Win10 MM4

Post by Greenmachine881 »

Running Win10 Pro build 19042 and MM 4.1.31.1919 having some weird credential issue...

Scan is getting stuck on certain files (they happen to be playlists) when I tried to open some it popped up a credential challenge even though my credentials were working. Files or on NAS and I'm using the exact same directory and setup I have used for 10 years.

I did enter the credential a couple of times, I've done all the usual stuff like running as admin, blowing away all the windows credentials and re-entering, or letting the app pop up the credential challenge. Still not working many tries.

What gives?
Lowlander

Re: Credential problem Win10 MM4

Post by Lowlander »

Could the files have a Path of 248 characters total?

Can you open the same files from File Explorer with any other media player, if so, using the same method can they play in MediaMonkey?
Greenmachine881

Re: Credential problem Win10 MM4

Post by Greenmachine881 »

No it's way shorter than that. I can actually open the playlist in MM and play all the tracks!

It's failing on scan only, but I need to add the playlists to the library.

Since I posted, I managed to figure out how to uncheck the playlist directory and I built the database successfully. Everything is on one NAS drive under one root folder (including the playlist). So it's very strange that it's failing just on that. I'll look in the playlist itself for long path, but again I seem to be able to traverse the list no problem if I do a manual file-open. It's just scan.