Untagged files shown as "unknown"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Affenmann

Untagged files shown as "unknown"

Post by Affenmann »

Hey,

when I draw an untagged file (mostly recordings or samples with names like REC012.mp3 or bass 90 bpm.wav) into MM, they are displayed with their filenames.

At least that was until I unfortunately clicked "yes" to an unnecessary update of the "RegExp Find & Replace" script. Since then, untagged files are shown as "unknown".

How can I change that?

Cheers AM.

(MM v 4.1.31.1919)
MMFrLife

Re: Untagged files shown as "unknown"

Post by MMFrLife »

So, you clicked 'find updates' in the extensions dialog and it updated RFR, all of a sudden showing the filenames (or tag fields) as unknown? That is very bizarre. Did it actually update the addon or did you get a failed attempt?

Are the original filenames still there when viewing them in Windows explorer. If so, you can try removing them from the library and re-adding them.
Last edited by MMFrLife on Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename to get the filename into tags.

You may have disabled Infer Properties under Tools > Options > Library.
Affenmann

Post by Affenmann »

First of all, thanks for your answers.

1. @MMFrLife It was like this: I started MM and a RFR update window popped up. I clicked yes (whick was a mistake, because RFR was all fine), and then, I don't know, maybe I was too impatient, anyway, the window showed up again several times, sometimes I clicked yes, sometimes no, eventually MM crashed. When I started it again, all my settings were gone, including

2. @Lowlander the Tools > Auto-Tag from Filename setting (which I never had changed manually).

Bizarre indeed. Anyway, I changed the setting and almost everything's fine.

So, thanks again and have a nice weekend.