Artwork Path Column in Main View

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

LittleReg

Artwork Path Column in Main View

Post by LittleReg »

I've finally figured out how to get MMW/MMA to behave with album artwork: don't use "folder.jpg" or *.thm...EVER. Instead, I create a unique JPG for each album, e.g., "white_album.jpg", save a copy to the folder the music file is in, then apply the JPG to each track on the album individually. As Lowlander suggested a while back, do NOT store artwork in tags, and I've found that the THM feature is highly unreliable.

(Unfortunately, MMA is still oblivious to the changes I make in MMW. Even after I fix artwork in MMW, MMA does not "see" these changes, so the wrong artwork is still on my phone. IMHO, MMA should mirror each and every attribute in MMW, and if there is even a single difference, then it should redownload the file from MMW. Why the sync process does not do this by default is beyond me.)

Now that I've fixed my album artwork problem, is there anything in MMW that will assist me in a) finding all artwork that is "stored in tag"; b) find all artwork that is "folder.jpg"; c) find all artwork with the extension THM? I'm asking this because the only way I see now to find the path/file name of artwork is to open artwork properties on a single track and hover over the image. I've got 60K+ files to audit and fix.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Artwork Path Column in Main View

Post by Lowlander »

No, that's the place that shows where Artwork is stored in MediaMonkey. However this Addon may be of use: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... Art+Tagger

As for MMA, are you saying that after a Sync the Artwork changes in MMW are not reflected in MMA?
LittleReg

Post by LittleReg »

That's correct, Lowlander. Correcting the artwork reference problem in MMW is ignored by MMA. I've run tests where I've changed a text-based attribute, such as changing spelling on Album Artist, and each and every time, MMA updates the record on my phone. However, it regularly refuses to update the artwork image even when that image has been removed from MMW and completely deleted from my computer.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On Sync only a single Artwork per Album is synced. So make sure that the all files on the Album are updated and that files are properly tagged (Album and Album Artist).
LittleReg

Post by LittleReg »

As also per your earlier advice, I've created separate "albums" for my onesies, e.g., "Words (single)" with an album art file "beegees_words.jpg". Both of these are associated with only one MP3 file. What's happening on the phone, however, is that MMA is ignoring this change and still shows an image file from prior to my fixing the issue on MMW.

I think the more serious problem is not so much album art as it is the way MM's sync is architected. If the sync operation does not check for each and every attribute in a database entry, then issues like the ones I see in this forum are going to crop up incessantly. If performance is an issue driving the sync operation half-stepping the check, then MM should offer an option to do a "full" sync of all attributes (which will take longer to check) against a "short" sync (which would satisfy those who just want to dump tuneage onto their phones).

I'm sure by now the developers at MM are aware of how much Android Auto sux (big time) and how this app will never amount to anything, so this is why we need MM to carry the ball here. At least AA will display what MM tells it to despite the fact that AA renders only a disgusting facsimile of MM's data (postage stamp sized art, can't tell the difference between "Artist" and "Album Artist", won't render album names, etc.).

Thanks.