plays fine, then I open another playlist and click and they disappear

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cjay2

plays fine, then I open another playlist and click and they disappear

Post by cjay2 »

I'm using Mediamonkey 4.1 on a Windows 7 pro 64 laptop. It all plays normal for a while:

Normal means I turn on the computer, launch MM, then I double-click the top filename in a list of tracks (songs in an album folder) and it plays through them, no problem.

Then I switch to another folder (album) of music, double-click on the top track, and the list sequentially disappears.
The top track goes light-grey from the black print that it was, then the next track down goes light-grey, and one by one, the entire list goes light-grey down to the bottom, and is unplayable. All tracks are inactive.

I try another album folder of songs, I double-click the top track, and they all sequentially disappear, from top to bottom track. Nothing plays.

Re-launching the MM program doesn't help. Once this has started to occur, any attempt to play any track anywhere, and they all go white/inactive, and nothing works.

What is happening, guys?
Lowlander

Re: plays fine, then I open another playlist and click and they disappear

Post by Lowlander »

Please see the following for solutions on greyed out files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/
cjay2

Re: plays fine, then I open another playlist and click and they disappear

Post by cjay2 »

It appears that the path to my external USB drive somehow didn't get updated by MM. I've gone and downloaded the extension that you linked to (Update Location of File), and will use that if I have additional problems.

Thank you for your help. I can understand what the possible problem was (MM couldn't find the path back to my external HDD) and should be able to deal with it in the future.

I have several other annoying problems with playback, but I'll search first, and post another question, so to keep this thread on the original topic.

Thanks again.