Music on phone card doesnt play

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

SallyJ

Music on phone card doesnt play

Post by SallyJ »

Ive tried multiple players and am using latest MM. I put a playlist on the phone microsd card and the music is in the right folders but wont play with a phone app. I can though play the music directly from the folder when I browse there with windows. Ive downloaded the playlist from the phone and it seems to be a correct links when I look the m3u file. Any ideas?
Peke

Re: Music on phone card doesnt play

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you can play playlists on PC while phone is connected, then most likely issue is with incorrect paths in the playlist. This also depends on how you copied playlist on device.

For MM5 we have talked on playlist export improvements and giving user better customization of default playlist export options.

I wonder why you have copied playlist to SDcard instead of setting SDcard as sync device?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

Just sending the playlist from MM used to work. I set up sync and it does the same thing. I installed MM phone app and gave it permission to my SD card but it transfers all my music to the phone but then says its 'inaccessible". So every time I sync it wants to retransfer all my music. No idea why its not working with my phone.
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

Also I wanted to try and use PLA playlist format as it may be more compatable with another player. I set up in sync profile to use PLA and it still uses m3u
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try to disable M3U in device playlist preference as it is possible taht device tell MM that M3Us are only supported.
Best regards,
Peke
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

I tried changing the phone Sync Profile and not just the card to PLA (and pls) and I still cannot get anything but m3u playlists. Not sure if thats what you meant by device playlist preference. I also made it the only format in Set Formats under sync profile.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried this in MediaMonkey 5 and can't replicate. I also tested Sony device Profile from Addons on both MM4 and MM5 and it also it just saves M3U8. Please Note that if you are using the device and MTP connection (device is seen without drive letter) then it is possible that Device controls and convert Playlist to M3U on fly. Can you please shred some details on your device?
Best regards,
Peke
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

my phone is a samsung galaxy a10e updated to android 10.
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

It is set to MTP. I also uninstalled MM phone app as im trying to get it to work with my swipe app for driving. Attached some screen shots in case you see anything off.
https://imgur.com/a/CJPAgVC
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately screenshots are not attached. See my signature on how to add pictures to post.

MMA also support Swipe (eg. swipe track name left/right fro prev/next track, also it reacts on Steering wheel commands if you use BT connection with your car head unit.

Re playlist as I told you MTP protocol directly convert M3U and other playlists to one specified by manufacturer. I do not see any issues with M3U or even M3U8 (UTF-8 Version of playlists) A10e should support it especially as Android 10 support both.

Can you please open support ticket so that we can go into more details on setting your device profile directly?
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Auto-conversion setting remove all Playlists from Support Formats, except for the PLS format you're trying to sync to.
SallyJ

Post by SallyJ »

I dont seem to have lockscreen widgets on my phone or I would used MM for the swiping. Im using a samsung a10e. I dont see anywhere to attach sorry. Here is my imgur link which might work?

https://imgur.com/a/FgDPDsl