Ripping Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

LoinerQ

Ripping Issues

Post by LoinerQ »

Hello Everybody,
I have tried ripping a couple of 2CD compilation albums into my database.
One of them won't show the artists name, it just repeats the CD title where the artist name should be. All other info is correct.
The second compilation allows me to rip disc 1, with all info correct, but when I try to rip disc 2 it tells me that that disc is not in the database.
A second issue is when I have ripped a CD the try opens for me to remove and replace a CD but when I close the tray it won't read the metafiles. I have to physically open the tray and reclose for it to read. Simply clicking on the menu to ask it to read the metadata doesn't always work.
Any help profered would be appreciated.
This is my first post so forgive me if I've double posted with 2 queries.
Q
Peke

Re: Ripping Issues

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MM reads CD data (very rarely factory made CDs contain CD-Text sub channel that contain metadata) and if (mostly in 95% of cases) Metadata is missing which tells MM to search CD metadata online. As MM reads public databases it is possible that some data is invalid, which unfortunately only way to correct is to rip tracks and then do a a Auto-Tag that uses other resources not tied to Online database of Audio CDs.

You can try to switch To MusicBrainz instead of FreeDB an it can give you better results for some CDs, but that option also have fail rate.

When I firstly started to fill metadata manually and I used AudioGrabber and sent several thousand CDs to CDDB (way before it became GraceNote and became paid service, making me loose everything I have ever sent). I am telling that that because hundreds of hours I lost typing CD infos and submitting them ended in FreeDB that have invalid information. So I guess it happened to you also.

I would just suggest to enter missing information, or at least some info and do an Auto-Tag to search for correct info after RIP.

Please note that MM5 https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d also haev Audio Fingerprinting so it can also search for track metadata even you do not enter any correct CD information.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts