Change library path and not lose playlist and count

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Andy Caldwell

Change library path and not lose playlist and count

Post by Andy Caldwell »

Hi

You have all been helpful to me in the past - Thank you.

I have finally broken away from iTunes and after a couple of false starts have finally got my library up and running really well on my desktop and a fully synced sony walkman A105 with a 512GB microSD card running MM pro ... I wish I done this years ago.

I have two questions

1) Because I had a 400gb iTunes library with 85 playlists and smart playlists it was and is really important to me not to lose my playcount and mm playlist data. The current path for songs looks something like this...

E:\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\The Beatles\Help! [2009 Stereo Remaster]\09 It's Only Love.m4a

I have uninstalled iTunes but kept the file structure - although it is very clunky.

Is there any way I can change using the last example to something like this

E:\Mediamonkey\Music\The Beatles\Help! [2009 Stereo Remaster]\09 It's Only Love.m4a

without losing my library data?

2) I have MM 4 Gold and am interested in upgrading to MM 5 Gold If I did so would all my playcount and mm4 playlist data be safe ?

Thanks and sorry if these are silly questions... but want to check before I do anything irreversible.

Andy
Lowlander

Re: Change library path and not lose playlist and count

Post by Lowlander »

Use MediaMonkey to move/rename files and the Playlists and Play History will be preserved: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... enames/4.0

Updating to MediaMonkey 5 will maintain your Library (and if it didn't that can be fixed) including Play History and Playlists.
Andy Caldwell

Re: Change library path and not lose playlist and count

Post by Andy Caldwell »

Thank you for the quick reply!