[SOLVED] Cannot get MM to recognise my iPhone XR

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Robbieboy65

[SOLVED] Cannot get MM to recognise my iPhone XR

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble getting MM to recognise my device.

I have an iPhone XR, (ios 14.7.1) and I am using MM 4.1.29.1910, which the MM documentation says is compatible with ios 14.
I have downloaded and installed onto my Windows 10 PC the 64 bit desktop version of iTunes, which recognises my device.

After following the guide for How To Configure the Device in MediaMonkey, when I get to the 'configure' part of the guide after clicking on Tools>Options>Portable Device Sync, I can see that my device is listed there with the relevant plug-in
(d_WMDM.dll) listed and ticked. However, when I click on 'configure' and bring up the 'summary' tab, it says 'this device is not connected'.

Is there anyone who can help me with why MM is not recognising my iPhone? Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Peke

Re: Cannot get MM to recognise my iPhone XR

Post by Peke »

Hi,
First make sure that iTunes and/or any other Apple helper apps are started prior to connection iPhone, then make sure taht No action is done on Phone connection.

Also update to latest 4.1.31.1919 version at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54426&sd=d Use debug version so that you can fetch any error.

After start on MM plugin the iPhone and if it is still not detected go to Tools -> Options -> Device and delete any Apple device (d_iphone.dll plugin) that you do not recognize or use anymore (Note: MM will not allow delete all plugins and plugged device).

Finally I am not sure about Apple devices by on Android devices by default device is put in Charge Only mode so Access to device is blocked (which include MM).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi Peke,

Thanks for your help on this. After downloading the debug version of MM which you specified, I am pleased to say that MM recognized my device immediately. There was however an issue with syncing one of the songs in my playlist. I got an error message which said 'there was a problem synchronizing one of the following items'. It then listed a song in my playlist which did not sync to my iPhone. May I post a screenshot of the error message in this thread, or would you prefer that I start a new thread for this? Thanks again for your assistance.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Robbieboy65 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:25 pm May I post a screenshot of the error message in this thread, or would you prefer that I start a new thread for this?
Yes new thread/topic would be preferred one.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts