Are Track Volume and Album Volume the same as ReplayGain (Track) and ReplayGain (Album)?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Bespin1138

Are Track Volume and Album Volume the same as ReplayGain (Track) and ReplayGain (Album)?

Post by Bespin1138 »

I currently use Media Monkey Version 4.1.31.1919. I used dBpoweramp's CD Ripper to rip my music CD collection to FLAC with ReplayGain added during the ripping process. I have also used dBpoweramp's Batch Converter program to both create AAC copies of my FLAC songs with ReplayGain added and add ReplayGain to existing copies of my lossy songs (Yes, I created backup copies of originals before conversion). I am doing some final checks of my songs. I wish to check that all of my desired songs have ReplayGain. The problem that I have with dBpoweramp's Batch Converter program is that it only allows me to list songs from individual subfolders instead of listing all songs from the primary folders and subfolders. This would be a very time consuming process.

After I check my songs, I plan to use MediaMonkey to import the songs, create playlists and back them up, and transfer the songs to my mp3 player. I have noticed after applying ReplayGain to my songs from dBpoweramp and importing them into Media Monkey that data is listed under the Track Volume and Album Volume columns. Are these Media Monkey's way of indicating the songs have ReplayGain (Track) and ReplayGain (Album)? If yes, can I use the Track Volume and Album Volume columns in Media Monkey to confirm that ReplayGain has been applied to the songs before creating playlists and transferring them to my MP3 player?

Thanks.
Peke

Re: Are Track Volume and Album Volume the same as ReplayGain (Track) and ReplayGain (Album)?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
yes Track and Album volume corresponds to replay gain in MP3 and in other formats to their respective tags.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts