album covers don't stick with .ape files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

pintree3

album covers don't stick with .ape files

Post by pintree3 »

If I go to Properties-->Artwork-->Add file from folder and choose a jpg it seems all goes as planned. Except when you go back to that same file there is no artwork (album) shown. Why is this? It's annoying. Is there a way to make it stick? I've been converting .ape to .flac because of this and It's extra work that should not be necessary.
Lowlander

Re: album covers don't stick with .ape files

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't support embedded Artwork for APE: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/4.0

Which node in the Media Tree are you working in when editing the APE files? Are you allowing the Artwork file to be saved to the PC?
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 pm MediaMonkey doesn't support embedded Artwork for APE: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/4.0

Which node in the Media Tree are you working in when editing the APE files? Are you allowing the Artwork file to be saved to the PC?
Thanks, I looked up your link and it says, "No (folder only)", which, I would assume, means it won't save it as a tag (whatever that means) but it will still save it in the (as a) folder. but it seems not to.
You then ask, "Which node in the Media Tree are you working in when editing the APE files?" I am not sure what you mean. If you mean how I convert .ape to .flac then I do so by using Audacity. If you mean how do I try to add the album cover well I select all of the tracks of an album, I then right click, Properties, go to the artwork tab, click on add, go to the folder that has the album cover (jpg) and add it. If you mean something else I am clueless as to what you are referring to: sorry
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

pintree3 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 pmIf you mean how I convert .ape to .flac then I do so by using Audacity.
And the problem is that the FLAC files don't have Artwork? Have you tried using MediaMonkey to convert to FLAC? Is in that case the Artwork lost as well?

Media Tree: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... #Interface
pintree3

Post by pintree3 »

Lowlander wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:54 pm
pintree3 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:50 pmIf you mean how I convert .ape to .flac then I do so by using Audacity.
And the problem is that the FLAC files don't have Artwork? Have you tried using MediaMonkey to convert to FLAC? Is in that case the Artwork lost as well?

Media Tree: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... #Interface
NO, flac files do have artwork. Many of my files are flac. I thought I had mentioned this in the beginning when I wrote, " I've been converting .ape to .flac because of this" By :this" I meant I've been converting ape to flac files because it accepts flac files for album covers and I did not want to convert to flac if it wasn't necessary. I prefer using Audacity to do the conversion because then I could do things to the files: edit it etc.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How are the APE files stored? With external Artwork it's best to have the tracks on an Album stored in a separate folder per Album and have the Artwork stored in the same folder.

Once you add Artworks and save in Properties. Can you go back to Properties > Artwork and hover the mouse over the Artwork (if any shown). Does it show Artwork, if so what location does the tooltip show?