Re: Creating Custom Sub-Folders in the Media Tree

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

havarthe

Creating Custom Sub-Folders in the Media Tree

Post by havarthe »

Hello!

Is there a way to create custom sub-folders (tree nodes) in the Media Tree Collection? I know how to remove the current tree nodes (Title, Artist, Actor, etc.) but not create new ones.

For example, I created a folder/collection "Greek", and I want to have two sub-folders/nodes, "Rebetiko" and "Entekhno" such that if I click "Greek", I can see files that are criteria-contained in each of Rebetiko and Entekhno, but if I click "Rebetiko", only files criteria-contained in that sub-folder/node appear.

The above assumes I can set a "contains" criteria for the nodes the same way I can set a "contains" criteria for the folders/collections. Can I do that? If so, how?

I have both Media Monkey 4 and 5 gold, though for whatever reason I continue to use 4.
Thank you!
Last edited by havarthe on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you referring to actual Folders on your PC? If so, yes, you can use the All subnode to display files from all sub-folders.
havarthe

Post by havarthe »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:02 pm Are you referring to actual Folders on your PC? If so, yes, you can use the All subnode to display files from all sub-folders.
I have actual folders on my PC, yes - let us say folder A and folder B. I want to create a Collection in the Media Tree (let's say Collection X) with two sub-nodes in Collection X (say sub-node Y and sub-node Z), so that when I select sub-node Y, everything in folder A appears, when I select sub-node Z, everything in folder B appears, but when I select Collection X, everything in both folders A and B appear.

Setting the Criteria for Collection X to contain folders A and B is simple, but I cannot figure out how to create custom sub-nodes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can't in MediaMonkey, but for MediaMonkey 4 there is: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19168&hilit=magic+nodes
havarthe

Post by havarthe »

Ah, I was hoping there would be an easier way. Do you know of any more basic add-ons? If not I will try to figure out MNs.

Thank you for your help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, that's the only Addon I'm aware of.