Streaming of album art

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Kos

Streaming of album art

Post by Kos »

I manage my music collection with MM (of course). I store it on a NAS. And I stream it from there to my stereo via the brilliant media server Twonky.

I use a client called Philips SLA5520 to choose what music to hear. However - I MISS SEEING THE ALBUM ART. The screen doesn't have this ability.

Can it really be true that only two clients exist with the ability of showing album art: TEAC WAP-5000 and Sonos? (I don't want to turn on my tv!).

Is it rocket science for Philips, Noxon, Soundbridge, etc. to include a screen with the ability of displaying album art? I just don't get it... maybe it IS rocket science...

I you know anything please let me know!

Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Probably a cost issue. Anyway I wonder how many people actually have their collection tagged with album art.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Kos

Post by Kos »

Can't be! Even the cheapest mobile phones are capable of showing color pictures. That's also why people - in lack of anything else - are experimenting and using smartphones and PSP's (wifi connected) as a remote control for their music.

Smartphone/pocketPC solution (works ONLY with Roku/Soundbridge):
http://tl-it.de/media/pages/visualmr.php?lang=e

PSP solution (controls Xbox):
http://pspupdates.qj.net/XBMC-Remote-Mu ... 9/aid/9864

But it shouldn't be so complicated. Producers - please implement a color screen in your clients!

Kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Ibby

Re:

Post by Ibby »

Lowlander wrote:Probably a cost issue. Anyway I wonder how many people actually have their collection tagged with album art.
Euh, i am.
30.000 tracks tagged en all with album art !!!
Lowlander

Re: Streaming of album art

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah, now more people have there music tagged with Album Art and there are more clients with Album Art support.

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:Yeah, now more people have there music tagged with Album Art and there are more clients with Album Art support.
I can't find a cheap one!
Sonos 1000,-
Soloos 13.000,-

Great...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm under the impression that these can display album art and maybe this one as well which all seem to be lower priced.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Philips got now a cheap one the NP2900http://shop.philips.co.uk/store/rpeeub2 ... .124508200. It's with Internetradio & Album art, but not in combination with FLAC.
Solitaire001

Re:

Post by Solitaire001 »

Lowlander wrote:Probably a cost issue. Anyway I wonder how many people actually have their collection tagged with album art.
I don't have my entire collection tagged with album art, only the files that I load on my player.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

I have all my 2TB collection tagged with album art. Very important. :p
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3