Mexico: the IT Centre of a Brave New World?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Kilmatead

Mexico: the IT Centre of a Brave New World?

Post by Kilmatead »

First it was the Large Hadron Collider that was supposed to bring about the end of the world.

Then, it was the Economic Collapse which would have us leaping from our Ivory Tower windows.

Now, as foretold 5 years ago, live from Mexico, providing help and advice with a certain sanguine droll-ness, it must be the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse (he who pummelled the other four into Moderated submission.

Is it a sign of a life well lived? An ISP well paid? A keyboard well used? An automated automaton of facts figures and autodidaction? Or a liberated result of the modern age, communication skills transmuted to electrons and photonic ephemera?

You, the user, may decide.

Congratulations nonetheless! And thanks.

:D

Aldous Huxley never saw it coming.
Bex

Re: Mexico: the IT Centre of a Brave New World?

Post by Bex »

Yeah, this forum wouldn't be as good as it is if Lowlander hadn't been around! :)

Great work and keep it up.
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Thanks for the kind words. I just hope that some of those posts were useful for others.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

A round of congratulations and thanks is certainly in order!

I hope you're able to post 10,000 more :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Kilmatead wrote:Is it a sign of a life well lived? An ISP well paid? A keyboard well used? An automated automaton of facts figures and autodidaction? Or a liberated result of the modern age, communication skills transmuted to electrons and photonic ephemera?

You, the user, may decide.
I'll go for the automated automaton... (See here).
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Kilmatead

Post by Kilmatead »

I'm not sure if (logically speaking) one of my own jocund posited punditries can be used as recursive proof of my own above postulation. That might imply solipsistic intent.

Reductio ad absurdum. :evil: :D :evil:

To seek the negative I suppose would require just one evidence of imaginative thinking: The Automaton would, in effect, be a clever AI-oriented version of the help manual.

One assumes Lowlander aspires to being more than a living breathing PDF.

Any examples of élan, spirited presumption, or even irrational ranting in his oeuvre come to mind? An automaton would most likely not exhibit such behaviour.

Unless he was really really clever.

Or is that presumed guilt before innocence? Indeed, as the world (as we presume) we know it crumbles around our economic civilities, we'd do well to re-familiarize ourselves with medieval reasoning practices again.

[And by the way, Eyal, it's nice to see someone remembered the original joke behind this thread. I reckon it would have been crass of me to mention it myself. Thanks!)