Make album art based on id3 artist?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

feppa

Make album art based on id3 artist?

Post by feppa »

Is it possible to make album art based on id3 artist. For exampel with a white background.
Lowlander

Re: Make album art based on id3 artist?

Post by Lowlander »

Album Art is only associated with Albums not Artists. You can however set the Album Art as an Artist image, but it would still be per Album.

I'm not completely sure what you are requesting can you please explain and include a screenshot if an example is available.
feppa

Post by feppa »

Wow! Thanx for the fast response.

Ok. let me try again.

What i want is to somehow use the artist id3 tag to make an image with the artist name and use it as an album image. The reason for this is that i have many traxx that dont have an album name specified. Do you understand me know?

Maybe there is a script or app that can download images based on artist <(not album as the traxx dont have one) and save it as album art (in tag) for all traxx that dont have album name.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think I understand what you want.

You want to automatically create an image when an album has no album art associated. This image should have the artist name and have a white background.

MediaMonkey itself can't do this. In MediaMonkey you can either use Auto-Tag from Web or a script like Web Sources Tagger or Album Art Tagger to add album art from an internet source.

A script might be able to achieve this though. You can find more on scripts in the Scripts and Components forum.