IPAD's

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: IPAD's

Post by Lowlander »

The best tablet would be one that dual boots Android and Windows 7. Android for the long battery life and Windows 7 for the full application support like Office.
remixedcat

Post by remixedcat »

Much agreed.
immortalsoule

Post by immortalsoule »

Eyal wrote:Yes it is a computer. It can do everything except what's necessary (running MediaMonkey). :lol:
At that price, I think you'd be better with a real laptop.

No, it's not a computer, it's just a really advanced hand-held device. It can't do a LOT of things a computer can. It's a killer hand-held, i grant you, but it still lacks basic hardware and things like handling multiple bluetooth devices like a computer. I could go on forever but there's no point. For what is is, it's impressive. I've owned many tablets, still own quite a few, and it's got them all beat in "some" aspects...and lacks in others.

But it's still developing.
immortalsoule

Post by immortalsoule »

rovingcowboy wrote:sounds like they need to drop the Istyle of name and use real names like mac pad or apple pad, since it is normal for everything now days to be allowed to connect to the internet.

and just because the " I " style of names is out dated and boring to me i've never liked it and thought it as stupid as some one saying MY BAD when they make a mistake. they made the mistake so whom else's would it be.?

it also shows little in the thought process of naming their new product's or systems. and for a company that is to be one of the top ones in the business, having a name picking person that is stuck on 4 letters well they need to send him back to school so he can learn to spell.

and since you said it can't play music with mediamonkey and it has to be used like the smaller Iphone. then why buy the thing.

i think the company's need to focus on making more robust hardware and parts for the computers now.
instead of making new gagets that don't do as much as a computer tower or laptop system.

the price they charge for these things and they want us to buy new ones every year.??? how about a rebate on the amount of years the unit is to work that we did not get to use it because they stopped supporting them in favor of a lessor gaget, that they make for us to do the same thing with, and stop our old one from working proper so we have to buy the new one.

either that rebate or lower the price to a more fitting price for a gaget that is to last a year. like say 20 us dollars, i think that is fair for a year of use from a gaget.
Ouch, spoken like a true hater...or a cheapskate :P
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

both. i think fit. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
tinana

Post by tinana »

I enjoy mine, especially in conjunction with Mediamonkey with monkeytunes installed...

No, it's not a complete desktop or even laptop replacement, but for portability and ease of use, it is a nice gadget.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

willianer wrote:The main problem is that it is a gadget, not a compputer. However, I saw recent developments when tablets have a mobile keyboard that makes closer to a netbook at least.
Well, it's already possible to pair a bluetooth keyboard (and a mouse, if you jailbreak it) to the iPad.

Kensington makes a case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard for $50, in fact.

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-KeyFol ... B0043TB9D6

Somewhat ironically, my wife just bought an iPad yesterday.
elmerbumpkin

Post by elmerbumpkin »

tinana wrote:I enjoy mine, especially in conjunction with Mediamonkey with monkeytunes installed...

No, it's not a complete desktop or even laptop replacement, but for portability and ease of use, it is a nice gadget.

I assume the Lynyrd Skynyrd and Allman Brothers albums are further down your screen!? (just kidding!)

Seriously, I love Tabu Ley Rochereau, Asha Bhosle, Jack Costanzo.....and I love old Chinese and Japanese music based on pentatonics, so I'm very interested in the Nan-Kogan album I see in your device. I can't seem to find anything through a quick Google search. Can you tell me more about it?

Thanks!
tnelson

Post by tnelson »

The ipad is actually an ok media player though you miss out on a lot of functions but you gain on some. I enjoy mine for music, movies and other entertainment stuff like games but I still turn to my computer for everything in between. It is a good solution to get you through boring traffic or long flights but I do not see its use on a day to day basis. Probably put you to sleep if you fancy classical music.
tinana

Post by tinana »

Ooooh, heh heh, hi Elmer, it does look like Nan Kogan but it's in fact Nan Kouan. I imagine Kouan is the French transliteration of what appears in English as Kwan!
MM Gold/Lifetime member
davidchatman

Post by davidchatman »

i like apple ipad. It is so impressive. they cannot get virus.The iPad runs on Apple Mac operating system. They do not need antivirus.
AngeloHanna12

Post by AngeloHanna12 »

Its basically a big ipod touch/iphone. Its a great device but I rather stick to my smartphone or labtop.
TabCat

Post by TabCat »

fizzjob wrote:
willianer wrote:The main problem is that it is a gadget, not a compputer. However, I saw recent developments when tablets have a mobile keyboard that makes closer to a netbook at least.
Well, it's already possible to pair a bluetooth keyboard (and a mouse, if you jailbreak it) to the iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-KeyFolio-Bluetooth-Keyboard-K39294US/dp/tags-on-product/B0043TB9D6

Sorry for the late interjection, but I've always wondered how the heck people jailbreak devices. I know that it's perfectly legal to do (as the product is owned by the purchaser), but something seems off about it. While tampering with the OS seems fine and dandy, I worry that the warranty will be ripped away. Also, I'm concerned that any one of these tablet companies could come around and ultimately tell me that jailbreaking IS against the law. Many of these loopholes are very confusing.

Either way, for FUTURE reference, I wouldn't mind jailbreaking my iPad. I just don't have any idea how to do so. =P
jqueeng02

Post by jqueeng02 »

It's like a computer. I like using it when I am lying on bed. I can watch whatever position I want. And it's very portable. It fits perfectly in my bag....
TabCat

Post by TabCat »

TabCat wrote:
fizzjob wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-KeyFol ... B0043TB9D6

Sorry for the late interjection, but I've always wondered how the heck people jailbreak devices. I know that it's perfectly legal to do (as the product is owned by the purchaser), but something seems off about it. While tampering with the OS seems fine and dandy, I worry that the warranty will be ripped away. Also, I'm concerned that any one of these tablet companies could come around and ultimately tell me that jailbreaking IS against the law. Would speaking with an attorney concerning copyright infringement and the possibility of a patent lawsuit be helpful? Many of these loopholes are very confusing.

Either way, for FUTURE reference, I wouldn't mind jailbreaking my iPad. I just don't have any idea how to do so. =P
jqueeng02 wrote:It's like a computer. I like using it when I am lying on bed. I can watch whatever position I want. And it's very portable. It fits perfectly in my bag....
While that's definitely true, I wasn't inquiring about what iPads were. I was curious to know about the jailbreaking (OS altering) aspect of owning an iPAD or smart phone. Do YOU know anything about it?
What we play is life.
Louis Armstrong