Privacy question

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Undertone

Privacy question

Post by Undertone »

When I type my name on google I find my posts in the forum..Is there anyway I can disable that or make it more private?

I appreciate your help.
SM.
rovingcowboy

Re: Privacy question

Post by rovingcowboy »

Not as far as i know,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Thx for the reply rovingcowboy. I think all forums should do something about this..you know, yesterday I registered in a forum called ''Gearslutz''. I asked two questions regarding music production and a guy replied telling me that he answered my questions (both of them) via video which was uploaded to youtube, vimeo and other websties... In both of the videos he mentions my nickname and already 500 views for both ..that bothered me for some reason which I can't explain..I ended up sending a mail to support telling them that I would like to deactivate my account..
Do you know what to do in order to change my nickname here?

Thx in advance
Last edited by Undertone on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Nobody knows your real name or identity. I don't see the problem.
You asked some (technical) questions in another forum, using the same nickname as here. Again: Why should this be a problem?

And even if some of your neighboors read this music forum (and the other one too), why should he think bad about you?
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
Bex

Post by Bex »

Do you know what to do in order to change my nickname here?
PM Rusty and ask kindly and I'm sure he can help you out since you have a good reason.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

There should be many like you in this forum :) Thank you very much Bex I really appreciate it.

Best,
SM
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

There are many like bex here, we all answer were we can and if some one else answers before we get there we generaly dont reply if they are answering the question asked of us. Its a help one and all forum here. I just got here and seen no need to answer the same as bex, no glory hounds in this forum. If your the first with the most correct answer to a question then answer it, aint any one going to jump down your neck for doing so, not here some other forums do that but we friendly to each other here, well most the time anyways? We have had moments :wink: :roll: :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

mmm...rovingcowboy...I don't see why you took the offensive side and took it personal..my last post was not aiming at you or anyone else in particular...just a general opinion..you answered my first question (If I can do something about the google problem) and I said thank you...I didn't take it wrong the fact that you didn't answer my second question..I totally understand..

No stress mate..If it pleases you, there should be alot like you too :wink: no need to be jealous haha
Last edited by Undertone on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Btw..I've sent the PM to Rusty but strangely its still in the outbox but on the right it sais that it's been sent.. :-? But its not in the ''Sent messages'' yet. Does that happen? thats my first time sending a PM.

Thx
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

Speakerzmoon wrote:But its not in the ''Sent messages'' yet.
That's the normal behaviour of the forum software. The message will stay in the Outbox until Rusty reads it, only then will it be moved to Sent Messages.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Oh ok thx Khelsing!
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Speakerzmoon wrote:mmm...rovingcowboy...I don't see why you took the offensive side and took it personal..my last post was not aiming at you or anyone else in particular...just a general opinion..you answered my first question (If I can do something about the google problem) and I said thank you...I didn't take it wrong the fact that you didn't answer my second question..I totally understand..

No stress mate..If it pleases you, there should be alot like you too :wink: no need to be jealous haha
No offensive thought was taken at all i was just posting how it is here.
Thought smilys would show i wasnt offended. Sorry if you read it that i was.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

Oh don't worry about it it's ok :wink:

So rovingcowboy = monkey hi fi?

Nice to meet you :D

Thx again for your help and all the others I really apprecite it!

Cheers!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no way to do what you ask. The forum is a public place on the internet which gets indexed by the search engines so it can be found. Other than making the forum invisible to search engines there is no way and this would be bad for business as less people would find MediaMonkey. Also it would make searching the forum more difficult as it's often easier to find thing through Google than the forum search.
If you don't want to be found on the internet you shouldn't put anything on the internet. This is what you always need to remember when you put anything on the internet.
Undertone

Post by Undertone »

I appreciate your advice lowlander thank you. Hopefully I'm going to be able to change my username...