Files Synced by MM to phone don't show up in iTunes

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

please55

Files Synced by MM to phone don't show up in iTunes

Post by please55 »

Trying out MM and I've synced a few songs to the iphone with it. They show up fine when I open the Music app. However, if I connect the phone to my computer and launch itunes there, when I select the device I don't see the files synced by MB.

Is that normal? Is the library created by MM on the phone inaccessible to itunes when exploring the device there?
Peke

Re: Files Synced by MM to phone don't show up in iTunes

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes and no, it depends on device and iTunes version. Problem is that iTunes detect Third party sync and ignores such tracks as they are not authorizes by iTunes (which is actually true). All you can get from them is most likely "Use iTunes to sync files." and as long Music app see that files/playlists with MM we can't do much to hep iTunes see third party synced tracks :( We are not allowed to make changes in iTunes.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
please55

Post by please55 »

Thanks a lot that helps! I was going to start using itunes but I already manage my library through MB / MM and I've already converted my library from flac to alac twice. The biggest issue being itunes doesn't read all tags from file and squirrels everything into its own database.

Any chance you know more about the device / iTunes version? Does it ususally help to be on latest itunes / iOS or its really hit and miss when it works?

Edit
Might be a moot point. Sync seems to be only partially working from MM to iphone. Omg a third conversion.
please55

Post by please55 »

Going to switch gears a little. I completed a larger sync with MM. I synced only FLAC files (with no conversion). About half the files that did sync are missing the embeded album art. The rest are fine. All of the files were managed with MP3tag.

Any theories for this behavior?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It really depends on what tags MP3tag saved and how you manage them. If you Manage/Sync with MM you can create full Log file from MM so that we can see why files that have Album art in MM do not have one on iPhone? It is possible (based on some user reports) that size/format of Album art influence if Music App read it from file.

Basically from our tests and by majority of users (feedback) that it works, especially as FLAC is supported in recent devices see also https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to- ... r-iphone-0 you maybe need to add format as supported in iPhone sync profile (let us know if you need help), and them MM should sync FLAC without conversion and be able to play in Music app on iPhone.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
please55

Post by please55 »

Thanks for the help. I'll keep trying and see if the issue persists and post a log then.