STUCK at "Preparing List of Files"

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

zzaj2018

STUCK at "Preparing List of Files"

Post by zzaj2018 »

Here's the mask I have under "Music" for my backup drive:

\Entertainment\Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Title>

NOTE: I didn't enter the DRIVE letter in the path, since it's "this" drive that I am synching to; do I have to enter that?

The process starts, and says "Preparing List of Files", but never starts the synch.

Please HELP... I absolutely must have those files synched.

Thanks!
Peke

Re: STUCK at "Preparing List of Files"

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It really depends on number of files you want to sync and number of files you already have on the backup drive. It can take from 10 seconds to few hours, depending on number of files and connection bandwidth (eg. USB 2.0 only have up to theoretical 480MB/s).

May I ask, what is the intended purpose of that drive? eg. plain file backup drive or portable backup to be used with other PCs or as mobile music library?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
zzaj2018

Post by zzaj2018 »

Peke,

Thanks for the feedback; it turns out I was entering the mask incorrectly; when I added a : to g\, as in g:\, everything worked again...

Peke wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:20 pm Hi,
It really depends on number of files you want to sync and number of files you already have on the backup drive. It can take from 10 seconds to few hours, depending on number of files and connection bandwidth (eg. USB 2.0 only have up to theoretical 480MB/s).

May I ask, what is the intended purpose of that drive? eg. plain file backup drive or portable backup to be used with other PCs or as mobile music library?
gibbleswick

Post by gibbleswick »

I am having the same problem. I use an SD card in my phone for portable music. I never used to have an issue syncing from windows to my phone but today it has spent a total of about 3 hours preparing list of files. It also crashed when deleting old content. I am properly useless with computers, all I know is that they usually don't work when I go near them so please, if you have any suggestions keep them as moron proof as possible. I did get a new and less unreliable laptop and followed the instructions about moving the database which seemed to have worked and keeping the letter of my hard drive the same etc but syncing is a step too far for this wretched robot and it is also doing the same on the old laptop which never used to be a problem. Thanks.