problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Ravingoofy

iPod has no music on it

Post by Ravingoofy »

I synchronize my iPod with MediaMonkey today. After it finish I went to play the music on my iPod and my iPod stated there was no music on it; however, all the data is saved. My files are all mp3 and worked until this happen. I was hoping to evict iTune from my life. Please can anyone assist with helping me figure out why my iPod said there is no music on it, but has over 100G of music saved on it. Also, the music all worked till now. Please don't make me utilize iTune anymore.
Lowlander

Re: iPod has no music on it

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey, what model iPod (and iOS if applicable) and version of iTunes (if iOS iPod) are you using?
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

I'm running version 4.1.24.1883

My iPod is an iPod Classic 6th Gen. 160G

Serial Number: 3141-5926
Ravingoofy

Post by Ravingoofy »

Wrong serial number, but if you need the right on I can get it. I posted that half asleep. lol
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
iPod Classic along with iPod Nano are only two Apple devices that still do not use iOS and are bit harder to debug.

Can I ask you please to confirm that:
1. MMW sync worked in previous versions and estimate when this behavior started?
2. Whenever syncing a smaller group of tracks works?
3. if 2 worked, then try to sync all tracks again?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
SadHouseDaddy

Classic iPod no longer syncing at all

Post by SadHouseDaddy »

I've been using MediaMonkey for over a year with my 120GB Classic iPod and was finding it a dream compared to the nightmare of iTunes. I've installed the latest versions of MediaMonkey each time there has been an update and a few weeks ago I began to experience sync issues for the first time. Sometimes when adding just a few songs and the sync had finished the iPod revealed "No Music" whatsoever, though further attempts would often redress this and within moments the entire iPod's library would reappear including the new songs. Sometimes though the new songs would be listed on the iPod but wouldn't actually play. Now in the last 2 weeks I have been unable to sync the iPod at all, both MediaMonkey and the iPod appearing to be doing the necessary but upon completion and ejecting the iPod: "No Music". Sometimes the syncing process would be very slow and would stall for minutes at a time on a particular track, then speed up for a few minutes before stalling on another one. Sometimes the process takes hours and hours, but each time at the end I expectantly eject the iPod only to see once again: "No Music".

I am using a home computer with Windows 10. I have tried reinstalling MediaMonkey numerous times. I have tried MediaMonkey's "Rebuild Device database", but the operation repeatedly freezes after two or three seconds and MediaMonkey is no longer responsive. I have reset the iPod to factory settings using iTunes several times, both by downloading the latest version and also with an older version (12.7.4.80) I have on a laptop (with Windows 7) I initially used with the iPod. I have an older version of MediaMonkey (version 4.1.20.1864) on the laptop that also will no longer sync any tracks to the iPod now.

Absolutely mystified as to what is going on and would greatly appreciate some advice!
dorpshin

Post by dorpshin »

Hey,

Did you ever find a solution to this?
I recently upgraded to Gold and saw this issue happening afterwards.
I would try to rebuild my device library afterwards. When I'd push "Safely remove device", MediaMonkey tells me that it cannot remove me iPod. After 5 minutes of waiting to safely remove failing, I unplug it, and it shows no songs again.

I'm using an iPod Classic from 2013 that's worked flawlessly until I paid to get gold. Maybe it's the MediaMonkey version is 4.1.31.1919
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Upgrading to Gold wouldn't have an effect on iPod/iPhone synchronization (it doesn't affect the code that's used to sync). More likely, a change in iPod firmware / iOS version / iTunes version / MediaMonkey version would have an effect.

For problems with iPods, there's a known issue if the most recent version of iTunes is used. To fix this:

MediaMonkey 4: Install the updated sync plug-in
MediaMonkey 5: Update to version 5.0.2 (A release candidate is available in the beta forum)

Thanks!

-Rusty
devolov

Post by devolov »

Rusty's comment fixed my issue!
Thanks!
Squifurgie

Post by Squifurgie »

I am having the same problem.

If I sync my 160gb ipod classic using MM, the music just doesn't show up. The music is there as I can see it when I access it through MM but the actual ipod itself says "no music" when I try to use it.

I tried the ipod sync plugin for MM and it still doesn't work

I get an error when I try to install the plug in that reads :
Problem with copying C:\Program Files (x86)MediaMonkey\Plugins\d_iPod.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)MediaMonkey\Plugins\org.d_iPod.dll.

Its gives me the option to retry, ignore or cancel. Retry does nothing but both ignore and cancel leads to a message saying it was successfully installed. I kind of feel like it wasn't actually successful

If I use Itunes to sync my ipod classic, it seems to work.

I have been using MediaMonkey successfully for years with a few issues here and there. This same issue happened a couple times before and I was able to rebuild the database and that seemed to fix it but this time it isn't working.

I have tried everything, I have tried syncing small amounts at a time. Same problem.

If I try syncing with itunes after having just used MM to sync. Itunes says it can't read the contents of the ipod and says I have to restore it to factory settings.

My MM version is 4.1.31.1919
Ipod model is A1238 on the back of the device but the about section in the device itself says its MC297C

Any help at all would be really appreciated
Last edited by Squifurgie on Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Close MM -> Delete org.d_ipod.dll from plugins folder -> Install plugin again, but ensure that Install for User is disabled.
Best regards,
Peke
Squifurgie

Post by Squifurgie »

I looked for org.d_ipod.dll in the plugins folder and it isn't there

I tried installing the plugin again and disabling "install for the current user only" and it won't allow me to disable that option.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Then you have found your issue. Right click on MM shortcut -> Run as administrator and you will have that option.
Best regards,
Peke
dud999

problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Post by dud999 »

This has just started happening using MM 4.1.31.1919 on an ipod classic I've been using for years with MM. When I export music to it recently and then safely eject, the ipod reads "no music found." When I attempt to rebuild the database, that doesn't solve the issue. I've tried several times.

As a last ditch try, I opened the ipod in Windows Explorer and deleted everything, then added new music to it in MM and safely ejected. Same issue.

I'm doing this on the same laptop I've used in the past when exporting music to the ipod.

No idea what I can do at this point.

My OS is Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit - I tried this with an additional ipod, a newer Nano, and got the same issue, so the problem lies with MM, whatever it might be.

I did rebuild my MM database a few months ago in case that has anything to do with it. But I would hope that MM would be smart enough to account for that when exporting files.
Lowlander

Re: problems exporting music to ipod classic - "no music found"

Post by Lowlander »