Copying to and syncing to MP3 Player Philips Go Gear

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

OldPilot

Copying to and syncing to MP3 Player Philips Go Gear

Post by OldPilot »

I am trying to use MM (ver 4) to operate and fill a new to me Philliips Go Gear Media Player Device. Model SA5285BT/37. I am not sure I will ever be able to Sync this device unless some of you smart/kind folks can suggest a method. Earlier attempts to sync did nothing but tell me that my 85GB of data would not fit on the 4GB Device. MM now shows my connected device as SA5285BT(3). What happened to #s (2) and (1). I suspect each time I tried a sync it created a new version of Device and erased all data.

I am able to transfer music (MP3) to the Device. I went to my MM lIbrary and viewed it by rating. I then selected all 5-star ratings and 'Sent To' the Device. I also sent all 4.5-star and 4-star rated tracks. A total of 328 tracks were transferred. Apparently the metadata tranferred just fine: On the Device, I have now 50 genres, 182 albums, and 173 artists comprising this transfer. So far so good, actually excellent. What is most interesting is that the transfers were made by MM using playlists. I now have 3 playlists on the Device titled; 5.0 stars, 4.5 stars, and 3.0 stars. This is great. The Device said OK to disconnect, I did. Checked out that it would play the songs. All seemed okay until I plugged back in to USB on PC.

When I plugged it back in, MM would not show the files that I had previously sent to the Device. MM showed the device as being blank of all media, whereas the Device actually still had all the tracks I previously sent. I have the "Scan as soon as detected" checked but nothing happens. Nevertheless, the Device plays just fine and I can carry my 5, 4..5 and 4-star rated songs with me. This not syncing it is copying. I have not tried again to scnchronize, because I do not really have a Library that is unigue to this portable device to sync with. I don't know how to set up a separate library on my PC, one that is only used as a sync location for this portable Device. Any ideas?

It may be that my Device (GoGear) will never be able to sync. If that is the case, then I just have to be satisfied with with being able to sending suitable 4GB volumes of music files to the Device and be happy with being able to listen to my music on the road. What do you think?
OldPilot

Re: Copying to and syncing to MP3 Player Philips Go Gear

Post by OldPilot »

An Update:
As mentioned once I had the 300-odd tracks loaded my MM on my Device as playlists, I could not connect Device to PC and view or play the installed music. I tried several times i.e. connecting while MM is on, connecting then turning MM on. Everything except Sync.

Finally, I located Options>Portable Device Sync. In that window I saw 3 of my Devices listed. So I deleted all them. Then I connected Device and suddenly all my tracks were listed in MM. "that's great, I thought". Then I noticed no ratings in all that were listed. What Process could I have initiated that would cause system to march through 300 MP3 tracks and erase all ratings. The playlists that I mentioned in the above post were still there, but they now were blank! So curious.

I may next try to execute a Sync to see what will happen. Probably nothing good.