Is there a way to put music on a device without syncing with PC?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

UziBobuzi

Is there a way to put music on a device without syncing with PC?

Post by UziBobuzi »

I'm a long time user of MediaMonkey, have a gold subscription.

After getting fed up with Microsoft, I switched to a Linux/Ubuntu system. The problem is, I can't use MM anymore as I couldn't get it to work under Wine. I'm assuming that it's not going to be made available for Linux anytime soon.

I use MM on my phone as a car stereo and have music I'd like to add to the database there, but don't know if it's possible to add music directly to my phone without using a PC to sync it from. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: Is there a way to put music on a device without syncing with PC?

Post by Lowlander »

Not with MediaMonkey.
UziBobuzi

Post by UziBobuzi »

Ugh, that's unfortunate. I really love MM but after seeing posts on the internet going back over a decade asking if it's going to be on Linux anytime soon, I pretty much have given up hope.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 is the first step in that direction as it weaned itself of Windows exclusive parts, but at the same time there are still other things to do before Linux.

You can run MediaMonkey on Android (MMA), but it can only Sync with MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW). You can however copy files via any other means and have MMA scan the files and play them. Editing relies on MMW to be saved to the files on Sync.