New iPod Nano Video

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Patrick_mck

New iPod Nano Video

Post by Patrick_mck »

Syncs fine with iTunes. Followed the instructions to get MM to sync with it, and it seems to. All the files get to the right places, but the Nano doesn't see any of them. It just says no music. The only obvious difference in what MM produces vs what iTunes produces is in the file name format. When iTunes does it the filenames are 4 hex digits and when MM does it it is the format <Artist> - <Title>. Has anyone else tried using one of the new Nanos? Is there some MM rename format that will create hte 4 hex digit format? Anyone here that Apple changed anything with the new Nano?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You need MM3 to sync with the new nanos. The beta software is available on the forum, but you should not use it if you are uncomfortable with unfinished software.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Rakkasan

Post by Rakkasan »

Latest beta version of MM does not work with the Nano Video.

I have tried every tip suggested here and still cannot get transferred content to play.

In the meantime, give WinAmp and the iPod plugin a whirl.. Works great.
Patrick_mck

Thanks

Post by Patrick_mck »

Problem with switching is that I use the Custom 1, 2, & 3 fields to build auto playlists. Those fields don't show up in iTunes. The last time I tried WinAmp it croaked on the number of tracks I have (>100K). Does it perform better now? Do you know if it sees the Custom fields?

Thanks,

Patrick
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The results have varied between iPod users. Some claim that everything works fine, and other seem to be having problems. MM3 will import your custom fields from your old DB (and I'm sure that iTunes won't). However, if you aren't willing to see your iPod sync possibly go wrong somewhere, I would recommend you stay away for the moment. This is beta software, after all.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.