24 hours to sync up Creative Vision M

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

24 hours to sync up Creative Vision M

Post by martialartsguy »

I have a 60gb CVM. I'm currently running MM 3.0.1.1127. I have changed only the following setting for synchronizing:

Format any above 160 to 128.

I deleted everything off my player and synched up this last Friday. It didn't complete synching until Saturday night about 2 am. The last time I checked it Saturday afternoon MM was taking about 300,000 bytes of RAM to run. What am I doing wrong and why is this taking so bloody long?
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Bump. Ok, I tried this again today and it's still as slow if not slower. I've tried to format the Zen first and start from scratch - even if I don't do that it's still extremely slow. Help?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Have you tried a sync without the converting?? I've never used the converting feature but my Zen syncs pretty quickly, it usually only takes a couple of hours to sync @30 gbs.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Nyn-

Thanks, I'll try to do that this evening.

Post by Guest »

martialartsguy wrote:Bump. Ok, I tried this again today and it's still as slow if not slower. I've tried to format the Zen first and start from scratch - even if I don't do that it's still extremely slow. Help?
I agree with nynaevelan, the bitrate conversion is to blame. I tried it once converting from FLAC to mp3 and it was brutal. Straight transfers are quite quick. It's not really worth the time to squeeze the extra songs on the player and it also can mess up any autoplaylists that use size as one of the parameters.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

You're right, guest & nyn - I changed my option to not change the bitrate and everything is running much smoother. The only thing that's taking a bit of time is the final synchronizing, but that's much faster than before.

Thanks.