mm adding album to ipod playlist, why?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

av

mm adding album to ipod playlist, why?

Post by av »

and how do I stop it? thanks
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MM is adding albums to playlists? What exactly do you mean?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
av

Post by av »

sorry, that was a poor post. When my ipod is connected and I want to add a album to my ipod I right click and choose "send to" ipod. The album shows up in mm under d: album but it also shows up under playlist. I can't seem to figure how how to undo this avoiding having to delete all the playlists.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

not having an ipod i am just going by what the player i have does.

and you need to sync your songs with it. go in the the sync properties options and set the auto sync options to make one playlist, then send that playlist to the portable all the time.

you just edit that one list or you add sub lists under it so each time you sync that one list all the songs on it and the sub lists. and the songs on them will be sync'ed to the portable.

if the songs in the list are already there it wont add them again.
it just adjusts to what the playlist for it says, if you move it to a new list it will fix that also on the portable.

this never adds and albums and album playlists to my portable,
try it with yours and see if that will fix your headache.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
meric

Re:

Post by meric »

av wrote: The album shows up in mm under d: album but it also shows up under playlist. I can't seem to figure how how to undo this avoiding having to delete all the playlists.
I have the exact opposite problem. I *want* to have playlists for all my albums on my iPod Classic but they're not created. It looks like it's possible but I can't find the correct setting. Creating individual playlists for all the albums I want to transfer would get tedious.
nohitter151

Re: mm adding album to ipod playlist, why?

Post by nohitter151 »

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Okay, I can understand that; but the original post has nothing to do with iPod shuffles. I wish I could help you with your shuffle but I don't have one and I don't know how it works. You could either 1) buy and send me an iPod shuffle or 2) contact MM support to help you figure out how you can send tracks to your iPod shuffle in order. Either solution works for me :wink:

john81

Post by john81 »

nohitter151 wrote: Okay, I can understand that; but the original post has nothing to do with iPod shuffles. I wish I could help you with your shuffle but I don't have one and I don't know how it works. You could either 1) buy and send me an iPod shuffle or 2) contact MM support to help you figure out how you can send tracks to your iPod shuffle in order. Either solution works for me :wink:
Hello nohitter151,

thank you for the answer. You are form the MM-Support-Team?
I will try MM support first ;)

Thank you!

greeting john

PS.: iam wondering, because with the OpenSource-Program Songbird it works. But i don't want to switch, MM is the best!
Last edited by john81 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

john81 wrote: Hello nohitter151,

thank you for the answer. You are form the MM-Support-Team?
I will try MM support first ;)

Thank you!

greeting john

PS.: iam wondering, because with the OpenSource-Program Sunburd it works. But i don't want to switch, MM is the best!
You're welcome. I'm a user just like you. Good luck!