iPod m4a files?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Agrajag

iPod m4a files?

Post by Agrajag »

A friend has a Nano and was using iTunes but having trouble. I moved her to MM and it's much improved.

The main goal was to pull her music off the Nano and get it into a library on the PC and then use MM from there to work with it.

However, all the .m4a files on the Nano won't transfer over. No error message happens. It just process the copy request with nothing happening.

MM will play these files off the iPod just fine. They're also just rips from CD's that they did via iTunes. None of the tracks in question were bought so they shouldn't be protected.

Can someone shed some light on this one for me? I'm not an iTunes user so I'm in a bit in the dark on this one.
DazB

Re: iPod m4a files?

Post by DazB »

Hi,

Have you tried to copy them off to a computer using iTunes - MM will then be able to process them.

Daz
Agrajag

Post by Agrajag »

Not knowing iTunes, how is that done? She has iTunes but it doesn't see the songs on her Nano which is why I decided to by-pass it entirely.
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,

I'm not exactly familiar with the Nano (I have a touch), so try following the help documents available with iTunes or on the Apple web site - use disk mode and Windows Explorer perhaps to simply copy them off.

Edit: See this thread.

Daz