Sync only songs with top ratings

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Sync only songs with top ratings

Post by Guest »

Hi - is there a way to sync only my top-rated songs? For example, 3 stars or higher?
I've been undertaking a major project to organize all my music (5000 songs), and have been listening and rating. I was hoping to only sync my top-rated songs to my device (which is a Creative Zen).
Many thanks....
Stieffers

Re: Sync only songs with top ratings

Post by Stieffers »

Create a new Auto-Playlist (Right click on the Playlists tree option), and name it top rated. Go to the Advanced tab and click on the "Add Search Criteria" item. For Property, choose Rating. For Condition, choose >=, and for the value choose 3 stars. Click Okay. Now under the Sync options for your device, select only the "Top Rated" playlist under the playlists tab.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know, how to set the rating filter in the auto-playlist, that it will not show songs with the "bomb" - rating! I would like to see only songs with no rating or with a Star-Rating. Is this possible?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:Does anyone know, how to set the rating filter in the auto-playlist, that it will not show songs with the "bomb" - rating! I would like to see only songs with no rating or with a Star-Rating. Is this possible?
In advanced tab, first click the drop down to say,
"Match ANY of the following criteria".

Then, add 2 new search criteria:
1. Rating >= Half star
2. Rating = Unknown
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Hi Stieffers,

Thanks for the reply. I finally got around to trying the sync tonight.
However, I just realized that Media Monkey Gold is needed in order to do the Advanced tab for Auto Playlist.
I will think about upgrading in order to do this.
Appreciate the reply...
Lori