Lost all coverart and trying to switch back to iTunes

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

SoCrazii_monet

Lost all coverart and trying to switch back to iTunes

Post by SoCrazii_monet »

I need help. A few days ago when I synced my iPod to mediamonkey, ALL of my coverart was lost. I've been trying to get it back for the past few days now an nothing seems to work. This isn't the first time I've had problems with mediamonkey, and I've grown tired of it. How do I sync my music (all of it) back to iTunes? Thanks in advance.
SoCrazii_monet

Re: Lost all coverart and trying to switch back to iTunes

Post by SoCrazii_monet »

EDIT: Also, when I try to transfer all of my songs to my flashdrive so that I can add them to iTunes, it only sends 411 out of 581 songs. It's not that there's whole albums missing, it's single songs missing from almost every album. How can I get it to send ALL of my songs to my flashdrive? And is there a way I can create a folder and add my music all at once instead of manually?
jabbrwokk

Re: Lost all coverart and trying to switch back to iTunes

Post by jabbrwokk »

I'm pretty sure that iTunes and MediaMonkey tag album art differently. I have no idea how iTunes does what it does, but MM follows standard tagging conventions. I've bought songs from iTunes and opened them in MediaMonkey to see that some had art, some didn't. So I had to retag them all. I have spent a lot of time doing that. But once files are tagged properly in MM, they all show up fine in my iPod. And if I open them in iTunes they show up properly.

I went online and downloaded album art for all my albums where it was missing, and saved it in the album folder. I also tagged the art directly into the file. Maybe your artwork is all stored in a different place, or was never tagged into the file?

If you don't want to download album art manually, both MM and iTunes allow you to autotag files from the web.

To use iTunes again, just tell it to add your music directories to its library. It should automatically do the rest.