Can't write video files to Cowon J3

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Moonraker0

Can't write video files to Cowon J3

Post by Moonraker0 »

I recently decided that it would make sense to try and use MediaMonkey to sync videos to my Cowon J3, now that video is supported. I used to copy the files manually. I organized all my video into folders so that MediaMonkey didn't have stuff I didn't care about in my library. I set up a rule to convert all videos to be AVI at 480x272 or lower and keeping the aspect ratio. When I connected the Cowon J3, it started auto-syncing as it normally would, but when it got to the video files, it stopped. It said "Copying 1 of 91 (Converting to AVI) <video name>", and the loading bar moved for a while, but eventually it just stopped progressing. I waited several minutes for it to do anything and it didn't. I clicked "Terminate" on the status bar, and a message box popped up with a long list of videos that could not be converted due to errors.

I have MediaMonkey Gold and the trial version of the MM codec pack. All of the videos play just fine in MediaMonkey. The files in question are all MP4 videos. I tested converting one of these files to AVI onto my desktop, and that worked, so it must be some sort of issue with MM not being able to write the video files to my Cowon J3. Audio files can be written, though, as well as writing to the device in Windows Explorer. The device is far from being out of space. I also tried running MediaMonkey with administrator privileges, in case it was a UAC issue (I have Windows 7 x64).
Lowlander

Re: Can't write video files to Cowon J3

Post by Lowlander »

I suggest you send a debug log (step 4b) for this failed sync/conversion process to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Peke

Re: Can't write video files to Cowon J3

Post by Peke »

As you say MM convert When you initiate convert Manually within MM?
Can you make another log showing Converting file within MM and same one within sync?
Also Try to play video in MM while making Log file.

Also LOG file is not complete it is always wise to make complete MM log file (Start DBGView before MM)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts