Samsung Galaxy S3 sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Vitus

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 sync

Post by Vitus »

Lowlander wrote:@Vitus, did you remove the device profile(s) after upgrading? This is required to test the fix in 1511.
Yes, I followed the instructions to the letter.
Vitus

Post by Vitus »

Mystery solved by one of the developers, Ludek. If you create a new device profile having upgraded to 4.0.7.1511 and DON'T manually add m3u as supported format for playlists it will create m3u playlists as desired. On the other hand, If you manually add m3u playlist as a supported format, paradoxically it 'breaks the functionality' and syncs .pla playlists.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This breaking should be fixed in MediaMonkey 4.1
markav

Post by markav »

Hey Lowlander.

I'm unclear on how to remove device profiles... with my S3 unplugged i physically moved and backed up the contents of " D:\Home\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Mediamonkey\Devices as well as the files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Plugins" (d_iPhone.dll, d_iPod.dll, d_iRiverH.dll, d_USBMass1.dll). Kind of shooting in the dark here, but when I fired up MM 4.0.7.1511 I am still seeing the following plugins listed:

The first entry is for my external backup drive. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th entries I have no clue. And the last two correspond to my Galaxy S3 internal and extrernal storage, but I never plugged the phone in during any of these steps so I don't know why they are listed here.

I'm obviously missing something.

Suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on the entries for the S3 and you have the option to remove the device profiles.
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Still having issues with the "Scanning" part of the synchronization.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 takes 30+ minutes on that step.
I synched the same library with an ipod and the "Scanning" took less than 10 seconds.

Are you aware of this / tracking this?

Or do you need a debug log?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log (step 4b) would be useful to get to the bottom of this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Roger that.
Debug Logs submitted for the S3 synch (30+ minutes) and the IPOD synch of the same library (less than 3 minutes)

Thanks for all the help
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Sisters samsung galaxy requires her to switch between typs of connections, IE;; mass storage, data , and charging, could yours be needing you to also manualy switch?

This motorola photon also requires manualy switching from media to mass storage connection or charging only connection, its a pain in the but is how phones are set up. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

Yes. That worked like a charme on the S2, the S3 however does not seem to have this feature anymore...

Only MTP mode is supported.
As far as I can tell....
consultant

Post by consultant »

Finally after 3+ years decided to dump iPhone and go Galaxy S3. As a Power User I'm loving the device/OS but as others, running into MM sync issues. Argh! But this ALSO happened on the HTC One X+ I initially bought (then exchanged for S3 due to poor wifi signal when holding One X+ - another story.)

What I noticed was after first sync, not all playlists came through. However on HTC, at least I think Poweramp (the most popular 3rd party player) it picked up the playlists automatically (if I remember correctly). I had re-synced and then all playlists came through and also noticed 5 or 6 songs transferred even though no changes had been made to my library.

Same thing with S3, but this time I had to go into Power Amp settings and IMPORT the playlists from 'System Playlists' All my music is stored on external SD card and I sync with 'external' labeled device in MM.

What is weird is that even when nothing has changed, it says 'Synchronizing ' in MM for several minutes with no indication of file transfer. Not sure what it's doing. But I wait. This is what happened on HTC too, but at least playlists came through automatically.

I think a lot of these issues have more to do with the device than MM. But it sure isn't the flawless sync operation I became used to on my iPhone :(

This is a long thread. There needs to be a sticky or something with tips so it doesn't take so long to read through every message!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can confirm device vs. MediaMonkey issues by syncing to the device using WMP. For me WMP fails as well, thus it would seem the device. There is also a report it can be player apps bogging down the device when scanning files that are being synced.

Anyone should upgrade to MediaMonkey 4.0.7, remove the existing device profiles for the devices and let MediaMonkey create new ones. This will solve some problems. Also make sure you don't set Supported Formats for Playlists in the Device Profile as there is a bug in this feature which should be fixed in MediaMonkey 4.1 once released.
consultant

Post by consultant »

Woo hoo! Deleted all the files of the SD Card, installed latest version of Media Monkey (I was one release behind), deleted the device profiles (whcih caused Mediamonkey to go into an error loop so had to end task), restarted Media Monkey, synced it overnight (2200 high bitrate files), woke up and phone was stuck in Synchronize mode and wifi connection was lost (even though router was 3 ft away) and I couldn't pull down notification shade! (Cause of that is not necessarily MM) BUT, Media Monkey was finished synching. Rebooted phone, and wa la, all songs and playlists there! All Playlists in .m3u (Extended m3u settings was NOT turned on - I didn't change any settings.) Poweramp picked up all the playlists without having to 'import from system'

Changed album on a few songs and re-organized them. Re-synced. Songs came over fine. No more sitting there for minutes doing nothing at end of sync but still saying syncing.

Happy! (Knock on wood / cross my fingers it will be reliable in the future).
cpxazn

Post by cpxazn »

I'm am a bit confused after reading through this thread because there are so many different issues.

Has the originally issue been fixed in the first post?

I just put in a new 32GB card in my S3, and tried to sync 8GB of music, but while syncing, it will get the Insufficient space error at some point.
It will ask to Cancel or Ignore. Either way, the syncing will freeze, and I have to kill the MediaMonkey process otherwise I am not able to open My Computer.

EDIT: I have also tried to sync manually with SEND TO, but no luck. I am on 4.0.7.1511
Last edited by cpxazn on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

The original error seems like mm is seeing a new drive id for the card on every connection.

If that is right, it should be a simple fix i think but am not sure.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.