Copy Trans + iPad 3 + MM = not working (yet)

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

FurAnt

Copy Trans + iPad 3 + MM = not working (yet)

Post by FurAnt »

Hi all, it's been a long time since I've been on these forums. I just got my wife an iPad 3 and am trying to get it to Sync with 4.0.5.1496. I *HATE* iTunes, so I used the Copy Trans Drivers and MM recognized the iPad as a portable device. From there, I selected the playlists and videos to sync, clicked auto-sync and it converted and transferred the files... or so it appeared. The task ran for about 20 minutes and I followed the progress bar, but as it completed, I didn't see the files listed either within the Device subfolders in MM nor are they found when I open the Music and Videos apps on the iPad.

I've looked through the stickies in this forum, but without iTunes, I wasn't able to change the settings to manually manage the Music and Videos.

Has anybody gotten this to work completely without iTunes?

Any help is appreciated.

Joey
FurAnt

Re: Copy Trans + iPad 3 + MM = not working (yet)

Post by FurAnt »

Sorry, just caught up on some of the reading on the IOS 5 support. I mistakenly thought sync support was in 4.0.5. Trying 4.0.6 RC now... :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sync with iOS5 is supported in MediaMonkey 4.0.5.1496.
FurAnt

Post by FurAnt »

Not sure, but I think the problem was that I was only using the Copy Trans drivers and didn't first set the iTunes preferences telling it to allow me to manually manage the music. I did that and upgraded to 4.0.6RC and it's working now.

Thank you!