Google Music Playlists

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

michaeljc70

Google Music Playlists

Post by michaeljc70 »

I uploaded all my tracks to Google Music (I know, not exactly a device, but this seemed like best topic). However, none of my playlists (m3u/wpl) went. I searched and came across a post on here and elsewhere that said to use the Export Playlists Add-on. I did that. Still nothing in Google Music as far as playlists.

I tried creating a playlist in m3u format in WMP, still didn't go to Google Music, so I know this is not a MM specific problem, but have gotten no help anywhere else (including Google boards).

I also tried deleting the local Google music database on my PC forcing it to rescan. There is an error in the log for every playlists that looks like this:

2012-10-11 02:24:38,919 -0500 INFO TId 0x00001b38 Skipping file Added Last 30 Days.m3u (in folder ), unsupported file type [.\ServerDatabase

Any help is much appreciated as no one else seems to be having this problem.
Lowlander

Re: Google Music Playlists

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know if Google Music supports playlists, but a primary problem with Playlists is that the Paths need to be valid. This probably rules out absolute paths as they may point to the wrong location.
michaeljc70

Re: Google Music Playlists

Post by michaeljc70 »

I did finally figure out how to get this done. I completely uninstalled the Google Music Manager and resinstalled it. Then I picked Use WMP. I think I had previously picked Use My Music folder and apparently that doesn't pick up playlists for whatever reason.

I guess if you don't pick "WMP" (or iTunes) when you first run the app, there is no way to go back to choose that without a reinstall.