Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Devices known to synch correctly

Post by rusty »

The list of compatible devices has been moved to our Wiki. Please see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... le_Devices

This is a list of devices that are known to be compatible with MediaMonkey. If you are aware of another compatible device, please indicate the name of the device, what type of device it is, and any special configuration notes for synchronization with MM. Any registered user can add and edit articles at the MediaMonkey wiki, but if you prefer to post your results in this threat, a Moderator can add your additions to the wiki. Thanks!

DEVICES THAT DON'T WORK
-Creative ZEN (see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=39965)
-Sony devices that require Sonic Stage to synch (i.e. they can't sync via Explorer or Windows Media Player).
-Older Creative Labs devices that use proprietary drivers and don't have updated 'Plays for Sure' firmware.
Last edited by rusty on Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Sync with Iriver 10 20 gb?

Post by Guest »

Can MM sync Iriver 10 20 Gb if I convert from the firmware that requires WMP to the UMS firmware? That is including syncing of playlists.
Today I use WMP and find very user unfriendly since the editing of ID tags in WMP is primitive. Before i used Musicmatch but it do not sync with Iriver.

Regards
Leif
jiri

Post by jiri »

MM supports iRiver H10 with its MTP firmware, for USB firmware there's no DB support. Check out a thread about it here in forums.

Jiri
Engelslu

Devices

Post by Engelslu »

The Lyra 2780 also synchs properly although it does not put the album art on for some reason
pah68

Post by pah68 »

iRiver iFP-9x works well
R-power

info on syncing iriver h340

Post by R-power »

does some one know
if m.monkey sync well with
iriver h340 firmware 1.29 international (non usa)

thanks
ivo
italy
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, this works fine.

Jiri
MaFt

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by MaFt »

rusty wrote: DEVICES THAT DON'T WORK
-Older Creative Labs devices that use proprietary drivers and don't have updated 'Plays for Sure' firmware.
just to confirm that this works with the creative zen xtra with the updated plays4sure (MTP) firmware (2.10.03)

MaFt
http://maft.co.uk
esparta

Sony-Ericson W600i

Post by esparta »

Just to confirm that Sony-Ericson W600 (celular) is working just fine, the only issue I have is about refreshing the files when I Sync, I had to disconnect-connect to see my updated songs... (File Monitor Issue?), it will be fine if MM provides an Refresh option for the Device (or sort of)
modtang

Post by modtang »

I have a Creative Zen Neeon which works fine too. Tracks can be played in MM direct from the device also :)

Post by guest »

does mediamonkey device also work with samsung mp3 harddisk?
(Samsung yh-920 , yh-925)
thx
deathplaybanjo

Philips HDD6330 sync

Post by deathplaybanjo »

is there going to be a plugin for this device eventually? i really dont want to use WMP 10. However my device allows drag and drop so maybe an interactive playlist that will add or delete tracks automaivally based on what in the list would be great too. Or is that the whole point of sync?
love the monkey
ui

Post by ui »

Just want to confirm that the iRiver H10 works just fine with MM. No crashing of MM at all, like someone mentioned somewhere around here. Tested with both types of firmware and it OK!

EDIT: After using it for some time now, it seems MM is unable to maintain internal DB of H10. It's not deleting files also: unable to find files, while I can find them with Windows Explorer and delete them then. I came aware of this, cause my H10 was suddenly full ... unexpected!

This occurs with both ums firmware and plays-for-sure crap.

Only way to get around it is to set H10 as removable disk and use that plugin in MM. Set sync folder to \Media\Music and use EasyH10 (google for it) to maintain internal DB.
Last edited by ui on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Hans

Post by Guest »

What about Iaudio players (I'm getting an X5)

Post by Guest »

i have an iaudio x5L 30 gb and it syncs nicely! you'll love the unit!