Devices known to synch correctly

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Devices known to synch correctly

Post by Lowlander »

Any recent Android device should work. If you have issues report them in the corresponding Forum.
Juliansdad

Post by Juliansdad »

This is a great thread that has stood the test of time!
I see the list of devices that sync with MediaMonkey's library. I find that some devices, even if they accept all of the music from your PC, may have trouble with the MediaMonkey playlists. Have you found any particular phones and/or players that work particularly WELL with MediaMonkey playlists?

If so, I'd love to read your input.....

Thanks!
Wisp100

Post by Wisp100 »

I have successfully synced my music and playlists from MM to my Lumia 950 with Windows Phone 10, onto my 64gb sd card. It did not sync all songs in one go, it first synced a chunk, then displayed an error for the rest, I re-synced and then it synced another chunk, etc. It took 3 syncs for approximately 3k songs.

My only problem now, which I have posted in a separate thread, is that I can't get it to sync m3u playlists, the playlists it does sync are pla, which are not read by any app in WP. I have moved around the playlist sync options and haven't been able to sync m3u. If anyone has ideas, please refer to this thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=84971
bestia

Post by bestia »

Hi,

I've installed MediaMonkey (actual release) to organize my music library.
I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 and PlayerPro.

The default music player, which comes along with the Samsung plays the playlists, I've synced via MM. But PlayerPro ignores these playlists (extension *.pla). Do you have any idea, how I can use my MM playlists with PlayerPro?
Peke

Post by Peke »

If you manually edit S2 Profile you should be able to set M3U as supported and make MMW sync those for PlayerPro.

Hvae you tried if possible to force open PLS in PlayerPro eg. rename them to m3u?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
joepet

Post by joepet »

FiiO X7 MediaMonkey Sync

The following is not a problem or a bug report, it is a solution that I hope helps someone in a similar situation.

I have a (50,000 song/sound bite) collection in MediaMonkey on my PC. I have extremely long (over 1000) and complex playlists (take my word for it) that I managed to create in MediaMonkey on my PC after considerable effort. I have a FiiO X7 with FW 2.0 (no, not the latest FW and there is a reason for this!) on which I wanted to sync all this. I tried many ways to do this including using the FiiO Pure Music program and using text files created from the MediaMonkey playlists. All these have disadvantages which I communicated to FiiO ad nauseam and I which I will not go into here other than to say that the worse disadvantage was that when changes are made to my playlists on my PC, it took a big effort to make those changes on my X7.

The best method I found is I installed the MediaMonkey Android App. on my X7 and synced using WiFi.....(for some reason the direct hardwired connection did not work as well.) The only annoying problem was every time I tried to sync, the X7 would give a message like "Sync waiting for background process to finish" and there would be a little circular arrow constantly rotating. This would go on for quite a while.....sometimes I would just restart everything and the same thing would happen....eventually it would sync, but this process was a pain. Sooooo along comes the latest update to MediaMonkey on my PC: 4.1.19.1859 the release notes of which stated that some sync issues were fixed. Low and behold sync now works flawlessly. Thank you MediaMonkey!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Petrozelli
joepet

Post by joepet »

What happened???
2 responses to this post and my following 3 posts have been removed???

Joe
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sorry Joe usually when you split or move Topic there is a shadow trail on originating topic. Thank you Lowlander for followup.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mrhollywood360

Post by mrhollywood360 »

Works beautifully on my Galaxy S 5 and a flash drive that plugs into my car (2011 Ford Fusion)
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

Im new to Media Monkey so please be patient.

I have a Pioneer XDP 100R with Android 5.1.1. I have two 125gb micro SDcards installed that I want to sync MM to. Ive tried several ways, MM recognises the device but each time I try it scrambles my music, often only one track of a CD is synced, its all very random. It also imports the file name, how do I stop this?

Also I have over 200gb of data to copy. Ideally I would like to fill up the first Sd card then the 2nd Sd card? I'm using Tools/Sync device in MM

Thanks for any help/guidance
moley2727

Post by moley2727 »

So i now know, thanks to Lowlander I have to sync seperately
EinojuhaniLydman

Post by EinojuhaniLydman »

I can not install MediaMonkey on my android 4.2. Say does not support because old?
johninis

Post by johninis »

When I sync to apple ipod, from my windows 8 computer, everything syncs except my playlists. The original palylists ("recently played" and "recently added"), sync correctly. I also tried to drag and drop, and it shows me doing it, but nothing changes.
In the "auto-syc" options I have checked: music, classic music and playlists and hit "apply" to set them up. I altered the play list data and still nothing is synced. However, songs sync just fine.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Hi,

I have used MMA and MMW for some years - great (and thanks !).

The phone I run MMA on (and used to sync my MMW with) is a Samsung S8 - and I have encountered issues/been unable to sync over USB (10k titles) over the last 2 months (used to work OK, although with some cover art lost).

I checked this MediaMonkey Compatibility list http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... es#Samsung, it stops at Samsung s7 (although the s8 is 3 years old, at least).

Does anyone run MMA on a Samsung s8 ? (thanks !)
Syncing in a satisfying way ?

Thanks !

My config:

MMW 5 (5.0.1.2433)
running on Windows 10 Family (Version 21H1; Installé le ‎26/‎09/‎2021; OS Build 19043.1288)

MMA 1.4.3.0950
running on Android 9 (UI 1.0)
running on that Samsung s8