Sync to folder - not working anymore

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

michaeljc70

Sync to folder - not working anymore

Post by michaeljc70 »

I used to be able to use the USB mass storage plugin and the SUBST command in Windows to map a windows folder to a drive and then use MM to sync to it.

I wiped my PC and upgraded to Win10 and can no longer do that. I installed the USB Mass storage plugin (had to run MM as admin for it to work). I am using the latest version of MM.

When I try to set it up under Tools>Options>Portable Device Sync and select the Generic/Portable audio device > Configure>Device Configuration and select the drive and press Find Device, it says "no device found".

I can definitely see the drive in Explorer and the command prompt.
nohitter151

Re: Sync to folder - not working anymore

Post by nohitter151 »

Find device only works for drives connected via USB. Just choose the drive letter from the drop-down menu.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

It used to work that way.

How can I sync to a Windows folder?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

michaeljc70 wrote:It used to work that way.

How can I sync to a Windows folder?
No, no it didn't. Find device button was always to set MM to sync with a particular USB drive.

As I already said, just set the drive letter in the config options.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

Okay. I follow you now. You just select the drive and don 't need to Find Device.

BTW...in case someone from MM is listening....there is a long time bug with changing device names. It shows in the configuration screen as the new name but the new name does not show under Options>Portable Device Sync.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No such issue here, changed a device name and it shows changed in the Media Tree, under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync and on the Device Profile.
michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 »

I'm easily able to make them not match by selecting a drive keeping the default name and then going back in and changing the default name. I've seen this issue for years. I have 2 now where the name in the main Options screen does not match the detail screen. I have 2 now that say "New Device" under Options but the name is different under Device Configuration.
Bigleg

Post by Bigleg »

This has suddenly stopped working for me also. Mapped to W drive same as always but now it says device is not connected. Tried reinstalling both MM and the plugin, removing the mapped drive and re mapping it. Very odd. Any help would be appreciated

MM version 4.1.10.1778
Bigleg

Post by Bigleg »

Issue fixed! I was running as administrator, set mm to run as standard user and mapped drives are again visible and I'm able to sync to it again. Hope this helps someone else in the future