LG G3 phone keeps syncing entire library

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

LG G3 phone keeps syncing entire library

Post by MagGyver »

I have a user who has the latest MMW Gold and MMA on her LG G3. She uses a USB cable + MTP mode to transfer music. The sync options are set to sync the entire library (which is only 198 songs) with auto-conversion rules in place for incompatible audio to be converted to 256 MP3.

When I initiate a sync using Tools > Sync Device, the entire library syncs - every time. Even if I have just finished a sync, with no errors, and click Tools > Sync Device again, it starts the whole process over again. I know from my own MMW/MMA setup on my Samsung Note 4 phone that this sequence should not trigger a full sync each time if the files are already there (and they are, I can confirm, both within MMA and using a 3rd party file explorer). She uses no additional plugins in MMW. Can anyone suggest what to do?
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Lowlander

Re: LG G3 phone keeps syncing entire library

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW?
MagGyver

Re: LG G3 phone keeps syncing entire library

Post by MagGyver »

MMW is 4.1.11.1783 but MMA was version 1.1.2.0419 so I instructed her to update MMA and try again. Unfortunately, she's getting held up on what to do when it asks her to grant access to the SD card, so now we'll have to delay further troubleshooting until I can meet with her or guide her through it on the phone. I'll respond back here within the next few days when we have a chance to do that.
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie