Device ID Changed - What now?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ACraigL

Device ID Changed - What now?

Post by ACraigL »

Hi,
I've been humming along, syncing to my Android Tablet for weeks in Windows 10. Suddenly, and I really don't understand why, MM has identified my internal SDCard as a different device (a previously used device profile, but not for years), and now none of my sync profiles are present. I could reconfigure it save for 2 issues:

1. It will erase and re-copy approximately 40GB of video files (it will take a long time)
2. I'm getting a "format not compatible" error message when syncing some files. Which of course is ridiculous because they sync'd fine before and are totally playable by my device.

Is there any way to force it to use the known good device profile, which is still present, rather than the one it's currently recognizing? On a similar note, there's TONS of old profiles in there. Can these be removed to avoid future confusion?
ACraigL

Re: Device ID Changed - What now?

Post by ACraigL »

ACraigL wrote:On a similar note, there's TONS of old profiles in there. Can these be removed to avoid future confusion?
Figured out this part -- right-click > remove device. My main concern still stands. Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

2) You'll need to setup Auto-Conversions and Supported Formats accordingly in the Device Profile.
ACraigL

Post by ACraigL »

Lowlander wrote:2) You'll need to setup Auto-Conversions and Supported Formats accordingly in the Device Profile.
Thanks. I'd figured I need to do that, but was hoping there was a way to force the device profile that was working before. No idea why MM is seeing it as a different one now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Don't know. Swapping between internal and external memory has been reported quite a few times. However reverting to some old profile seems new.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

Lowlander wrote:2) You'll need to setup Auto-Conversions and Supported Formats accordingly in the Device Profile.
If you can identify the device profile that was previously working then you could export it and then import it on the new profile. That should be faster than setting it up again.
ACraigL

Post by ACraigL »

rivorson wrote:
If you can identify the device profile that was previously working then you could export it and then import it on the new profile. That should be faster than setting it up again.
Great idea. Thanks!