MediaMonkey and the FiiO M9

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: MediaMonkey and the FiiO M9

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Update Play services from APKMirror for example?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
richard3d

Post by richard3d »

The Fiio M6 does not have Google Play Services installed.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you can't install Play store then you need Amazon Version. I have seen that for M6 they also removed app limit.
Best regards,
Peke
mpollard

Post by mpollard »

Hi I noticed Amazon version is at 1.3.5.0873 from Nov 2019 (which i have to use on the fiio) while google play version (which I use on my phone) was just updated and is at 1.4.0.x or something. I have bought pro separately on both devices.

Is Amazon updated less frequently than google for some reason? If so, can I somehow sideload the latest MMA apk on the fiio and keep the pro functionality with the Amazon pro I bought, even though the pro isn't updated, or do I have to wait until if/when you update the Amazon version? Or else could you please update the Amazon version.

Its on the Amazon.de app store

Thanks!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please send me a PM or contact me over email on pavle mediamonkey com so that we can get into more details and see why it has not yet updated for you to 1.3.9. at least?
Best regards,
Peke
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

We've updated MediaMonkey for Android to v1.4.1 on the Amazon App Store (it should go live on 9/26/2020). We tend to update this version less frequently due to the limited number of users of the Amazon version of the app.

-Rusty
mpollard

Post by mpollard »

Hi I can confirm 1.4.1 was available on Amazon.de this morning, successfully updated on the M6 and all seems to be working well so far.

Many thanks!
mpollard

Post by mpollard »

Still working well here with one hitch: gapless doesn't work properly. There is still a short pause of silence between tracks. Shorter than when gapless is not enabled, but still very noticable. Same tracks (FLACs) play gapless on MMW and on an android phone with MMA. Same tracks play gapless on the Fiio using Neutron player and Fiio player (a new version 3.0.1 was released to install stand-alone). so it's something about the combination of the Fiio and MMA that is the issue. Will maybe file a bug report on this.

Mediamonkey UI (and wifi sync of course) already beat every other player app on the Fiio M6 so would be great to get the gapless working too, would make it perfect!
Rhard808

Synch MM Playlist to Fiio X3 ?

Post by Rhard808 »

Hello,
I just started using MM and was gifted a Fiio X3 Mark III. I am not sure what I'm missing but I can not get a playlist to play on the Fiio. I can transfer them, I see them on the device, I see the songs stored on the device, but when I try to play the songs/playlist it says they can't be found. If I just play the songs individually on the device they play fine.

What am I missing in the synch process? Or is this a Fiio specific issue. If its the later I will take my questions to a different forum unless anyone on here knows the answer.

Thank you,
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Even it is X3 not M9 Try to import FiiO profile from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/browse/item/fiio-m7/ on to of existing -> Delete playlists on device -> resync.

Also make sure you are on latest Firmware http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread ... a=page%3D1 and steps to upgrade http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread ... 603&extra=

Not sure if it will work on X3 but you can try to bypassed the whitelist block by clicking the kernel version button multiple times in about. Then you can easily install Amazon version of MMA.
Best regards,
Peke