USB Sync Artist/Album folder creation broken?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

kdisabelle

USB Sync Artist/Album folder creation broken?

Post by kdisabelle »

I'm using version 4.1.26.1896 for Windows. Did something change in last update regarding sync to USB device? I used to select songs within an album to sync to my USB device and the songs would go to Music/Artist/Album folder on the USB drive (either an existing Music/Artist/Album folder OR it would create Artist/Album folder if one did not exist for the particular songs selected to sync. Now it seems this auto-create folders option is no longer there. I can only select to sync the songs to existing Music/Artist/Album folders on the USB drive. The synchronization process seems to have stopped creating Artist and Album folders on my USB drive as part of the synchronization as all the songs now just get dumped to root unless I select a specific Artist/Album folder. My sync configuration for USB is set to Music/Album/Artist - but it looks like no longer works. I would have to go to my USB drive and pre-create the Artist/Album folder now before I sync. This is bad. Is this the way it works now or is this a bug?
Peke

Re: USB Sync Artist/Album folder creation broken?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate and folders structure is always created correctly.

It would be more valuable if you can make screenshots of sync settings for USB drive and steps you do in order to sync, so that we can see if actual debug log is needed?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: USB Sync Artist/Album folder creation broken?

Post by Lowlander »

How exactly do you sync selected files? Please be detailed.