Mediamonkey Auto-Syncs videos when it shouldn't

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

T4nkcommander

Mediamonkey Auto-Syncs videos when it shouldn't

Post by T4nkcommander »

For some reason my phone keeps trying to download all my videos even when I told it not to under 'Auto-Sync (->Device)'. I also went to 'Options' to try to stop video from being included in 'Other media files' but every time I close out of the dialog box it reverts back to being checked.

Regardless, every time I try to sync my phone it attempts to download 30 gig worth of videos. I just want to be able to access them through my TV, and not have them downloaded to my phone, but even tho Videos are deselected on both the phone and media server, it still downloads them.

I'm using the latest version of the app and program.
Lowlander

Re: Mediamonkey Auto-Syncs videos when it shouldn't

Post by Lowlander »

Check you sync selection in the Device Profile in MMW (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync). They're likely part of a selection in what should be synced to your device.
T4nkcommander

Post by T4nkcommander »

As specified in the post, this is not the case. Music and playlists are selected, but the 'Videos' collection is unchecked. Still, it tries to sync them every time.

Under Portable Device -> Configure -> Options, there is an area for "Other media files", where Video is selected, but no matter how many times I try to deselect and save, it always reverts back to being checked.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then the videos are likely in a selected Playlist or in the Music Collection you selected. The Sync Selection doesn't exclude files when not selected, it is a selection of what will be synced, so if a file is included in any selection it will be synced even if its Collection is not selected. You'll have to do some investigation where it may be included.
T4nkcommander

Post by T4nkcommander »

Doh. "Recently Added" is what was causing the problems. Unselected that one and we're good to go. Thanks for the patient help.

Man this program is awesome. Not often a program is outsmarting me :)