[SOLVED] Multiple Android Sync Errors

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Jeevesunit

[SOLVED] Multiple Android Sync Errors

Post by Jeevesunit »

I raised a support ticket on 04/07/2020 but have not had a response. I'm posting this issue here to see if any forum members might be able to help. The support ticket is posted below:

Hi, I recently bought a Samsung S10 phone and installed Media Monkey Pro to manage my music library on the device. I've been using Media Monkey Windows for several years.

Current versions MMW 4.1.28.1905; MMA 1.3.9.0924

The initial sync with the S10 internal storage seemed to work fine but on every subsequent sync I've encountered multiple errors.
- Playlists on the device are dropping tracks (typically the first 1 or 2 and any that have been recently played since the last sync)
- Some albums are splitting up between correctly tagged tracks and a seperate album with the album artist tag of unknown artist
- Play history from the device is not syncing back to MMW
- I altered some of the settings in an effort to fix the sync issues and this resulted in my MMW playlists being edited with the reduced playlists on the device.

At this stage I opted for a clean install and installed a new SD card on the device to house the media monkey library which is quite large (90 GB/15k tracks/140 playlists).

Since then I've encountered multiple new errors and have yet to successfully sync the library
- Initially all tracks synced but the playlists were not visible in MMA
- On every subsequent sync 1.5-3k tracks are downloaded to the device. I've checked that these are not being duplicated on the card
- Playlists are downloading with multiple seemingly random errors ranging from no songs, duplicate songs, partial playlists, appearing in random file directory order or in alphabetical order without file directory (I've been deleting and resyncing the playlsits from the device but have been unable to replicate a consistent error or a correct sync.
- Random orphaned tags (albums without songs, artists without tracks)
- Device sync view of the storage shows the incorrect file size (total library size is 89.1GB and the SD card storage shows 89.3GB) but MM sync device shows anywhere between 70-90GB with a 10-20GB sync showing up everytime

I'm confused as there does not seem to be anyway to predict which errors appear. I've seen a couple of the errors on the forums but always in isolation and non of the recommended fixes solve the other issues.

I have run a MMW Debug version and uploaded the Debug log and a .zip version to Mediafire at this link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/erquvza ... jo6/shared
vmh104

Re: Multiple Android Sync Errors

Post by vmh104 »

Similar problem here, though not as erratic
I have an adroid s10e and synch from a win10 machine.
Music library on my SD card.
It has successfully worked in the past.
At the moment it always says "Everything is in sync" after working for a while, but in fact none of the new albums or tracks are being synced
vmh104

Post by vmh104 »

Ah sorry, never mind me, I changed my portable device sync options, removed the format conversions, and now it appears to be working.
Jeevesunit

Post by Jeevesunit »

Quick update on this issue - I was advised by Support that the issue might be a result of the USB sync due to Samsung's MTP implementation.

I conducted a further clean install of MediaMonkey and formatting of the SD card followed by a wifi sync with MMA and MMW. This took approximately 14 hours due to the size of the library but the sync completed succesfully. I've spent 24 hours testing the device and succesfully synced again via wifi which has been error free thus far.

Moral of the story if your syncing with a Samsung device never sync via USB.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As explained in other topic unfortunately it is common issue for some device drivers (newest mostly).

I really hope that WiFi 6 will improve WiFi sync speed (for me it improved it 5 times) and we will not be dependable on Windows and Manufacturers to supply working drivers.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Hebephrene

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple Android Sync Errors

Post by Hebephrene »

I am having a similar problem. I just got the Samsung 9 and had a data transfer of MM music files from my Samsung 7 where they played fine. I can see the music files but MM doesn't indicate it knows about the existence of these files, thus cannot play them. Does this mean I have to resynch those files from the Windows laptop. I have a number already on a SIM card. Would those be recognized or do I reinstall MM? thanks