Syncing issues driving me crazy

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

inmado

Syncing issues driving me crazy

Post by inmado »

Hi!

Sorry for the somewhat unspecific heading, but the behaviour of MMW/MMA sync is like this. I just notice some of my playlists are gone in MMW. They are all in a folder "imported playlists". Which is empty in the library of MMW, but has content in MMA. Yes, I enabled auto-sync new files and playlists from device to the PC. But the playlists were not uploaded to the PC. I synced multiple times. Sometimes, it says all in sync. Next time, it claims some files are to be copied from MMA to MMW. Files. Not playlists. I copied those anyway. In result, a new folder "Recentlyx Added Content" was created under Playlist in MMW, containing a playlist "Added from Motorola..." i.e. my phone. Next sync, that play list folder and playlist was copied to MMA. I deleted it in MMA, synced again. But instead of deleting that folder an playlist in MMW, MMA got a fresh copy again. I did many syncs, and again and again a few songs are copied, although a sync before claimed it's all in sync! In the final sync I did all playlists on MMW were copied to MMA, again, resulting in double copied of all these. :-(

What a mess. I just expect sync to make MMW and MMA the same. Doesn't seem to work this way. Do I have a wrong understanding what syncing should do?!

How can I get the playlists that exist on MMA only to MMW as well. And how to get rid of those double copies of playlists in MMA?

MMW 4.1.30.1914
MMA 1.4.1.0937