Selectively Syncing Music/Playlists

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

CharlotteStark

Selectively Syncing Music/Playlists

Post by CharlotteStark »

Hi all!

I am having space issues on my iPhone (as always) and would like to take some playlists and their tracks out of my library. However, I don't want to delete them from my desktop library, as I'm hoping to get an MP3 player down the line that can hold everything, just off the phone.

My questions is, how do I get those playlists and those files off my phone when they are still a part of the main library's contents? I have tried de-selecting the playlists in the sync settings, but that doesn't do anything for space, since they're till in the all files part of the library.

Thanks!
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Selectively Syncing Music/Playlists

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Charlotte, so are you saying that you have the MP3 music files and M3U playlists only on your iPhone?

How did you get these music files and playlists onto the iPhone originally?

I guess you are looking to have a "Master" copy of these files on Windows (using Media Monkey) and then synchronise to devices as you wish.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Selectively Syncing Music/Playlists

Post by Lowlander »

When you deselect them from the Sync List (--> Device) tab of the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) they'll no longer be synced (copied) to the iPhone. You do need to enable the option to Delete other files and playlist from the device and unless you need files removed from MediaMonkey removed from the iPhone leave it set to Unselected Library Files.

Then when you Sync MediaMonkey should offer to remove all the unselected files from the iPhone, while Syncing only the selected files. Your PC and MediaMonkey remain unchanged when it comes to files.