Sync Playlist from PC to Android

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Re: Sync Playlist from PC to Android

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

The selection functionality for "Sync List (Library --->Device) has changed on moving from MMW4 to MMW5.

In MMW5 "ticking" the Playlists box removes the display of the Playlist in the area to the right where as MMW4 left this display with everything selected.

This is very useful if you have a large number of Playlist (925 in my case) as you start with ALL selected and maybe remove a couple of "works in progress".

It would be nice to have this ability back in MMW5.

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It was removed to prevent a common confusion as to why all the Playlists were being Synced when Playlist was enabled.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:27 pm It was removed to prevent a common confusion as to why all the Playlists were being Synced when Playlist was enabled.
Hi Lowlander,

That is a bit of a shame! Also no "Select All" or "multi-select" I guess - just a laborious and repetitive click / move / click.....
Ian Taylor
bensonspooky

Post by bensonspooky »

I finally got all of my playlists into my new SD card. However, many songs were missing from several of my playlists! For example, one of my playlist has 132 songs in my MMW, but it only has 13 songs in MMA ! And several other playlists are missing lots of songs!

I just wish MediaMonkey can streamline their app much better and make it much easier to use. I'll try to send the playlists to my card again to see what happened.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW and did you do a wifi or USB Sync?
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

bensonspooky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:35 am I finally got all of my playlists into my new SD card. However, many songs were missing from several of my playlists! For example, one of my playlist has 132 songs in my MMW, but it only has 13 songs in MMA ! And several other playlists are missing lots of songs!

I just wish MediaMonkey can streamline their app much better and make it much easier to use. I'll try to send the playlists to my card again to see what happened.
I am running into the same issue as you. What directory did you move you .m3u playlist files to on Android? Knowing this may help rig my MM5 -> MMA issue. I just want this to work as it did before upgrading.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

https://octoberclub-my.sharepoint.com/: ... w?e=6wNluy

A powerpoint that includes a video of MMW4 synchronisation and a few suggestions.
Ian Taylor
dmacalus

Post by dmacalus »

NET:

1) I have recently recorded approximately 900 tracks, (Vinyl + CD) to FLAC Files.

2) I am looking for an offline Music Player which can play on both a Windows 10 PC, (which I plan on hooking up to my stereo receiver via a DAC), as well as my android phone via an SD Card.

3) Ideally, I am looking for the same Software Manufacturer, and I'd like the ability to create Playlists on my PC and send them tto my Android Phone.

4) I have seen some discussion on this topic on this forum.

5) Can someone, (who has successfully done this), define the steps required?

6) I would like to verify that this can be done, layout the details of the plan, and execute the plan.

7) Thanks for the help and detailed instructions, (as I assume / hope that this can be done with Media Monkey)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can Sync to devices including MediaMonkey on Android.
dmacalus

Storage Requirements required for Playlists ?

Post by dmacalus »

NET:

1) I am still relatively new to media Monkey.

2) I have been working on PC; have approximately 960 Songs, (Avg = 31MB/Song)

3) My Plan is to create Playlists on PC, and then transfer to an SD Card on an Android Phone.

4) I estimate that I will have approximately 20 Playlists with ~ 26 Songs per Playlists.

5) If this were separate storage, this would equate to approximately 16GB for the Playlists, in addition to the approximate 30GB for my Media Monkey Music Files.

6) I wanted to ask this question to determine the Storage Requirements for the planned SD Card to contain the Music for Media Monkey on my Phone. (before I purchase the SD Card for Phone)

Question: Are the Playlists merely "pointers" to the Music Library or should I include the (estimated) 16GB that my Playlists would require (if they needed storage as redundant Files)?

Any other Links for transferring Playlists from PC to Android would be appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Dennis M.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

On Sync files are only Synced once, the different Playlists will all point to the same copy.

You can choose to Auto-Convert on Sync if you want to fit more files on a storage too small.