FLAC Conversion and sync to iPhone

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Robbieboy65

FLAC Conversion and sync to iPhone

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi,

I am a Windows 10 PC user and I have MM 4.1.31.1919 and an iPhone XR (ios 14.7.1).

I haven't sync'd any playlists to my iPhone in a while, but I used to sync playlists of FLAC files to my iPhone regularly. MM would convert them 'on the fly' and sync them to my iPhone without a problem. I tried to do this yesterday with a playlist of FLAC files and I got an error message listing all of the tracks in the playlist and it said after each of them 'FLAC is not supported by the device'. So my question is therefore hopefully an easy one: is conversion 'on the fly' and sync to an iPhone no longer a feature of MM 4? I did a little bit of searching and saw that this feature was listed for the 'Gold' version of MM. I certainly don't mind paying for Gold, but thought I would at least ask the question before paying the extra. Many thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Re: FLAC Conversion and sync to iPhone

Post by Lowlander »

Check your Auto-Conversion rules in the Device Profile (Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync) and make sure that FLAC is still set to be Auto-Converted on Sync.

The free version has limited options for Auto-Conversion, but a Gold user can modify this to their own liking.
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Hi, thanks for your assistance. I followed your suggestion (correctly I hope) but I am still getting the initial problem I posted about (please see attached screenshot which as far as I can tell shows that I have added FLAC as a compatible format).

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

As you added FLAC as Supported Format it won't be Auto-Converted as you don't have a specific rule to convert FLAC.
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

Thanks, I want to convert FLAC to mp3 in order to sync to my iPhone. How do I create a rule to do this?
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

Click on "add auto-conversion rule" as can be seen on your screenshot.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Robbieboy65

Post by Robbieboy65 »

I tried that but nothing happened. So I paid for the Gold version and synced successfully to my iPhone. Thanks for your assistance.