recover playlists from adroid device

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

solarsimon

recover playlists from adroid device

Post by solarsimon »

Hi there, I did something i shouldn't have done :oops:

I wanted to remove other storage folders from my database. Accidentally i removed my main storage folder.
Yap sounds awful.
I took that folder back into my database. But now the situation is a bit fucked up.
What I realize:
* All my playlists are empty
* When I sync to an Android device it wants to download all my music files to the phone.

Is there a way to rebuild my database from the information on my android device?
I really hope I can restore my database.
(Shouldnt be so easy, to fuck it up :(
Peke

Re: recover playlists from adroid device

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately it will be bit hard to to do that, but I think it should be possible to recreate database back. You will just need to dedicate some time and care and do not speed things up. It is done what was done and not worth to be sorry about that, now you will learn more about MM and it will help you later.

First, how much of tracks and playlists we are talking about?
I guess once you remove teh folder you re-scanned it back in MM which unfortunately told MM to treat them as new tracks not as restored. Thus the empty playlists as MM when you remove tracks from library it also remove reference to those tracks in playlists.

As a First remedy you can try to edit you phone sync profile and and tell it to sync all the info and tracks from device back to MM. That should ask you to sync back the playlists, but it will most likely create duplicate tracks in library as like pointed above MM treat them as two separate tracks (old and new).

If that succeed, please let me know and we will do next steps.

Lastly, but most important thing check if you have backup of MM.DB before you deleted main folder as it will contain playlists. If not make backup before you do anything.

Path to library you can find here https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ini-files/
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
solarsimon

Post by solarsimon »

Hi Peke,
thank you very much for your quick and detailed response.
Unfortunately I did not receive a Mail, telling me about your post?!

After my first shock about database lost, a day later I realized I have an backup some weeks old.
I could use it and it worked fine.

Thanks very much.
Still count on MM in this spotifyed world
dahowa@gmail.com

Post by dahowa@gmail.com »

I have a similar problem. I had multiple playlists on MM that I synced to my Android phone. I got a new computer and moved all my files to it, including the music files, but the playlists on MM on my PC were gone. I manually recreated some of them but frankly, that's really time-consuming. Am I right to believe that if I sync my playlists from Android to PC, it will create new copies of the songs themselves on the PC? That would be a nightmare.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you still have access to the old PC see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer

Otherwise, Sync should match the files between the phone and PC and only Sync the Playlists.