GenerateNewTrack isn't called consistently

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

aag

GenerateNewTrack isn't called consistently

Post by aag »

When utilizing AutoDJ (I'm looking at a modified AutoAlbumDJ, but the problem seems to be more general), it seems GenerateNewTrack is not being called after reaching some point. Usually, this happens at/around reaching the end of "Now Playing" playlist.

Is the problem known/expected? Is there a way to keep the "Now Playing" populated indefinitely?
Peke

Re: GenerateNewTrack isn't called consistently

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not being able to replicate, can you be more specific? When using AutoDJ I have 1 or 2 tracks to keep in playlist as standard. I play it for 5h today and it was filling teh Now playing normally. Do you have Shuffle enabled?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
aag

Post by aag »

It does not reproduce consistently -- happens fairly rarely. However, when it does occur, it's always in the same fashion: Now Playing contains as many tracks as specified by "Automatically retain..." setting, and the playback is at the last track in that list. It's easier to reproduce when that value is at a smaller value, say, 10.

I maintain a log from GenerateNewTrack, logging at the entry to the method, then when the track is selected. Last log entry corresponds to the last track in the list.

I'll play with it some more, and see if there's some pattern. Any additional info I can provide except for the plugin log?
aag

Post by aag »

Also, worth noting -- once Now Playing list enters this state, few things are observed:

- There is X+1 songs in Now Playing (where X is the value from "Automatically retain..." setting)
- Navigating the list (skipping the songs, randomly selecting the songs, etc) doesn't result in AutoDJ adding new tracks to the list.
- To resume AutoDJ, I usually clear the list, and manually play an album. This results in additional tracks being appended.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I still can't reproduce and played MM4 with AutoDJ for hours today :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts