AutoRateAccurate - Release 1.61 (10/11/2006) [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

The new Version is great Big_Berny, but I made a big mistake. I haven't analysed the problem deep enough and thought that an update of the tag would solve the issue, but I was wrong. The synchronisation of Mediamonkey doesn't compare the ratings, so it doesn't realise that something has changed. So the debug thread would be the more accurate one for this.
I am searching for a work-around but I haven't found one yet.

Apart from that it isn't a disadvantage to have the ratingtags up to date.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Ich werde mich noch schnell an die Übersetzung des Skripts setzten und heute oder morgen dir mailen...

Berni
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Strange. Here MM realised that the songs have been changed and reuploaded them to the ipod...

Try to play an unlistened song on the pc and then play another song. The first song should now get a rating. Now what happens if you sync your ipod?

Bye thy way, the script only saves the rating to the tag if the rating changes!

Thanks!
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

I did exactly that!! I played an unplayed song for changing the rating by the script and on the iPod nothing changed and I manually changed the rating and nothing changed. In one case Mediamonkey copied the songs a second time to the iPod and I had it twice on it!!
It's really late now, I will try again tomorrow!!

Do the synchronisation behaved like I described at your place? Is there a diference between "without tagging" and "with tagging"?
I also use the 2.5.5.980 build. if it'll be the same tomorrow i will do a clean install of mediamonkey and try it again.

berni
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I tested it again and it worked here: Without tagging it didn't synched the ratings but with tagging it worked.

But as I said the script will only tag the file when the ratings changes. If it stays the same it will not tag it! So maybe you should use the "Delete Autorate ratings" first and then rerate your library.

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Eine deutsche Version steht jetzt zum Download bereit! :)

Ein grosses Dankeschön an BerniPi für seine Übersetzungsarbeit. :D

Maybe I'll make it easier translateable sometime by using localization-files like MediaMonkey...

Big_Berny
fuzzyhair

Post by fuzzyhair »

This is amazing. Thanks!
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

In the end I have found the problem with the "not-updating-the-ratings-on-iPod".
First I did a new install of Mediamonkey and used the old database, nothing changed, but with a new database the problem was gone (and with that also some other strange things like single files in the duplicate content node).
Unfortunatley the ratings are gone and i have no clue if it is possible to copy them. I would be easy to copy them, if the databases would have the same number of entries, but they haven't (so the database was in a really bad state). Maybe one of you has an idea?

Berni
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Do you have a backup from your library? If not it seems unpossible since the rating and the playcount is only saved in the daatabase and not in the tag...

Big_Berny
BerniPi

Post by BerniPi »

Yes I have older versions of the database, but the db have already been damaged when I did the backups. so they don't really help me. But it's not that tragic, i like seeing the evolution of the song ratings. it's amazing how accurate it is!!

By the way, I noticed something interesting. After building the database I let AutoRateAcc overwrite the old ratings and it gave all songs 3 stars.
When I synced some songs to the iPod, all songs with 3 stars in database had 4 stars on ipod!! What do you think? That's Mediamonkey internal, isn't it? I thought that they solved the rating problems with this build...

Berni
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Berni!
Strange that all songs got 3 stars... Normally they all get 5 stars at least on my pc. But 3 stars are ok, too. :)
To the synching problem it's really something MM internal since MM has to "translate" the ratings for the ipod. I'll contact jiri but I dont think that it's a big problem. Because the best songs on the pc also are the best songs on the ipod.

Big_Berny
TJOHO

Inconsistent display of ratings

Post by TJOHO »

The script works as advertised (i.e. great! :D ), so I am not sure if this is a problem with the script or MM, but:

In the Ratings nodes, the ratings do not show up correctly.

-Tracks autorated four-to-five appear along with the fives under the five node.
-Tracks autorated four appear under the four-to-five node.

...and so on. They all basically display under one node higher than they should.

I use the most recent version of the script as well as MM (2.5.4.978.).

Thanks for the script and your help.
TJOHO

AutoRateAccurate vs Auto Rating Songs

Post by TJOHO »

Just realized there's a competing script out there:

Auto Rating Songs: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9241

Can someone explain that the differences between these scripts are? Maybe even a pro/con so a newbie like me can see which is best?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi TJOHO,
the bug you mentioned aboce has already been fixed in the newest MediaMonkey version 2.5.5 RC1 which you can get here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12922

The biggest difference of the two Auto Rating songs script is that it increases the rating when you listen it and decreases the rating when you skip it. My script works completely different it uses a formula to calculate the rating. To calculate the ratings it uses different informations like how much you listened the song totally, how much per day, how new your song is and how much you skipped it. This way the rating will also increase if you listen a song on your portable like ipod. But the biggest advantage of my algoriuthm (in my eyes) is, that it will calculate all your listened songs right at the beginning. So you can just install it and your library will get rated (if you want). While with the other script you first have to listen to your songs and the ratings will come one by one.
There's also a Auto-Calibrate function (which works in the background) in my scirpt which assures that the number (in percent) of good and bad songs stays the same. That means it looks that the best 2% of you library get 5 stars. So you never get too much good songs or too mnuch bad songs. The values (spread) can be changed by the way, so you can set how much of your library should get which rating.
Another pro: If you don't listen a song for a long time the rating will also decrease a little. In my script there is also a KeepManualRatings-option, which assures that the ratings you set by hand will not be overwritten, because they shold be right.
And last but not least my script doesn't use any additional field to the rating field. So you don't need to use a Custom-field.

Naturally I see more pro's in my script because if this wouldn't be the case I'd change it, as I try to make a "perfect" script.
Anyway I also want to say a big pro of DiddeLeeDoos script: It has a much nicer optionsheet. I hadn't the time to improve mine yet but in my eyes this also isn't as important because you don't have change the settings normally. Anyway I hope to improve it in the next version (and I also have some other nice ideas ;)). DiddeLeeDoos script also has a radio announcer which tells you which songs will be played but I also don't want to implement that because I think it would make more sense in a seperate script.

Yes, I think that's it. :)

Regards
Big_Berny

PS: I don't want to say DiddeLeeDoos script is bad! It isn't! He also did other great scripts. It's just that mine is better... :P ;) (joking)
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@BerniPi: Jiri told me that the bug with different ratings on ipods should be fixed in the next version of MediaMonkey. :)

Big_Berny
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Big_Berny,
Thanks for the swift and thorough response! Yes, I definitely like yours better, as it takes into account so many factors and leaves fields and my own ratings alone.
I use a Creative ZVM, so it's great that songs I listen to on it too are taken into account.

I wonder, though: if I were to move to a new computer, or something crashes and I have to reinstall the script: would the script recognize the ratings I did manually and the ones it did before the move/crash/whatever?
Both ratings are written to the tags, right?
I would want the script to recognize the difference between these, otherwise many ratings would be left alone because the script thinks they are done manually by me.

Finally, a feature request (well, honestly, I don't even know if it's possible): it would be nice to have some way to distinguish my manual ratings and the auto ratings. For example by a different color of the stars, and/or a magic node that allows me to see autorated and manually rated tracks as separate subnodes.

Once again, a really great script! I'm one of those who always want to rate my songs "when I have the time", so this is just excellent! :D